Ultimate Mod 4 Bugs and I have solved them

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Zweistein000
Ensign
Ensign

Ultimate Mod 4 Bugs and I have solved them

Post by Zweistein000 »

I've played this mod and its awesome, but there were some bugs in it. I fixed those bugs in my game and I would like to upload the new repaired version in the name of the Original makers, but I can't find where. Can any 1 help. Also if the original maker (Dafedz, Siggi) could approve this I would be happy. :D

1. Cardassians couldn't build a starbase/outpost because the starbase 2 was treated as a starbase and it required an outpost to be upgraded from, but outpost automatically upgraded to starbase 2 so you could't build it.

You can now do that.

2. The Dominion outpost didn't automatically upgrade to starbase (this was probably forgotten)

It now does.

3. Other things I have changed:
Random event ships now show their proper name in galaxy screen.
It no longer says
"Combat drone" but Echo Papa 607
"Alien Base" but Terok Nor
"Unknown entity" but Crystalline entity
"Sentient Starship" but Gomtuu (or what is it called - IT IS SPELLED CORRECTLY IN THE GAME)
"Unknown lifeform" is now the Calamarian
"Dreadnaught" is now the Chodak
Cardassian Dreadnought is now a Battleship and vise versa (this is because historically Dreadnoughts were weaker and smaller than Battleships , they were also used in WW1, while battleships were used in WW2")

I also found some Dominion victory speech. I have added it into the game. Mentioning My name in the Credits is unnecessary, as I changed the mod without permission.

My farther also said that he couldn't build the Ranor, but after testing that I saw I could build them. Has any 1 else experienced that.
Last edited by Zweistein000 on Mon May 03, 2010 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Ermm there is no Ultimate Dominion Mod 4, only the UDM 3 by Thunderchero, which definitely doesn't suffer of any above listed bugs. I deem you refer to UM4 which is the Ultimate Mod.

And don't get me wrong, but I am not quite following your incredible changes/bugfixes, those "issues" are peanuts.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Zweistein000
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Zweistein000 »

Ups :oops:

I meat "ultimate Mod 4" lol sorry :oops:

My bad.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Anyhow, welcome to the forums Zweistein. I hope I wasn't to harsh with my comment, and I am sure anybody who wants to improve his own UM4 version will welcome your findings.

Edit: As for Uploading your "fixes", well you would need to ask dafedz, if you manage to get a hold on him. I doubt though that he will aprove. If you really want to upload something you need to make your own Mod from scratch or ask a Mod-owner to allow further modification of an existing Mod. But to get some real attention you will need to do more then just a few "fixes" and offer something new to the comunity. Look at the older and newer Mods that are being worked on atm.

And read the advices/rules for creating a new Mod.
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=651
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Dafedz
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Dafedz »

Thanks Zweis, I fully commend your efforts in fixing some of these problems. I'm sorry I haven't been around lately, as far as Botf is concerned I mostly spend time working on the Supremacy project (botF 2), but do drop in here when I can.

UM4 always was a bit buggy, and its been a long time since I udated it. A while ago I began tinkering with a UM5 flavour but some of these new modding techniques defeated me, and it never got round to testing.

I've been out of the modding community for a while now, so I'm far behind and somewhat out of the loop with the latest innovations - but some of these breakthroughs are fantastic. I wonder, is it possible to add multiple minor races to the game yet, and for each new race a new structure?? That would be the holy grail. If one day possible new Ultimate Mods may see the light of day..
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Well, the extra minors no.. the buildings however yes. Download DCER's newest Dev version and you can add buildings with Experimental features enabled (settings tab)

Thanks to Peter1981 and his hard work, we have up tp 66 extra buildings (max) and 5 extra tech levels for each tech (max) i did help with the techs ;)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

Thanks for the fixes, I attempted to do some of those changes myself but I had little success, so this is very useful to me.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”