Having trouble with a building structure.

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Having trouble with a building structure.

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I am having trouble with subatomic simulators. I am able to build more than one of them for the Federation even though I have the build limit set to one per system. However, this does not happen with other races, i.e. Cardassians, Romulans. Any suggestions?
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

have you auto-set the techs in ue?
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Well I don't think I would be able to build that structure if I hadn't. The problem I'm having is I'm able to build more than one subatomic simulator.
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

Hi,

From what you say, I'm guessing that you have more than one subatomic simulator in the building stats list, one that you can only build one per system (for all races) and another thats for the feds only that has no restriction.

I'm guessing you have been modifying the structure list? If not then its sounds like some sort of corruption somewhere (not very helpfull, sorry).

Regards,

C.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I did indeed have two subatomic simulators at one point, but I made the second one theoretical simulators. However, that didn't fix the problem either. I'm still able to build more than one subatomic simulator. Now I'm at a loss because I thought that would fix it permanently.

The subatomic simulator is set to one per system, can be built by Federation/Romulan, and needed race is any. I auto-set all the buildings in the tech tree and ensured Fed 5 had it as a starting building.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Did you start a new game after saving changes?

Could also have to do with how buildings are ordered. Also check if it upgrades from another building and what condition that one has. You could also check starting buildings. Could be you start with more than one and it messes with botf.

Hope any of it helps :)
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

once i tried to get starting buildings for orbitals set to 20, and it didnt do 20, same with the other core buildings (food/industry/energy/intel/research)
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Yeah, I have it set as an upgrade for nothing and there's only one in the starting buildings.

I'll keep trying to sort it out, but I'm almost ready to post the stbof.res to 4shared if anyone's willing to download an 87 MB file and take a look.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

AlexMcpherson79 wrote:once i tried to get starting buildings for orbitals set to 20, and it didnt do 20, same with the other core buildings (food/industry/energy/intel/research)
Interesting, it should have worked, but the settings are only used for home systems.

@JeanLucPicard1

I'd be willing to take a look.
AlexMcpherson79
Commander
Commander

Post by AlexMcpherson79 »

well, setting to 75 only did 33 (grr)

what's the limit anyway? I remember I discovered it but, cant remember the number.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Interesting, it should have worked, but the settings are only used for home systems.

@JeanLucPicard1

I'd be willing to take a look.
Sure,

The file can be accessed through my 4shared link. It is located under "Birth of the Federation," then "UDM III."
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Ok, here's something you'll find interesting.

I swapped the subatomic simulator and orbital battery since there's no limit for building orbitals.

Now the oribtal battery is listed under defense and the subatomic simulators are under the orbital battery section.

Apparently some of the buildings are hard coded so you can't edit them
to be whatever you want them to be.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Apparently some of the buildings are hard coded so you can't edit them
Yes, those are orbitals, morale fixers (the martial law kind), shipyards, utopia planitia (can be edited with UE), main buildings (also edited by UE), trade goods and possibly others I might have missed or forgot.
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Ok, here's something you'll find interesting.

Apparently some of the buildings are hard coded so you can't edit them
Yep, I would defo leave orbitals, scanners and shipyards alone as they seem to be hardcoded (slot wise) for the computer to expect them to be what they were in vanilla.

Also all of the food, enegy, industry and research upgrade slots should be left alone as well, though you can disable them if you dont want to use them. The intel ones dont seem to be affected my minor race upgrades so you can use those for whatever you want (unless of course you want to keep them for upgrades).

Just make sure that you dont move things like primative farms etc into different building ID's, otherwise its gets real messy, very odd results in game.

Regards,

C.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

if i remember correctly scanner have are special within the building list becase of their upgradeability.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”