my mod - final bug sweep before play-test

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

my mod - final bug sweep before play-test

Post by jonesie85two »

Hello, i have been constructing a mod. i believe i have reached a point where i can start play testing the mod.

how-ever i have run an UE integrity check.

Error: objstruc.smt: The sum of space object frequencies is not 1.
Error: edifice.bst: Planetary Energy Network has a higher build cost than it's upgrade (Class 7 Power Exchange).
Error: edifice.bst: Planetary Energy Network has a higher build cost than it's upgrade (Mark VII Gravitic Turbine).
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main research buildings: IDs 125 to 132.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main intel buildings: IDs 107 to 114.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main industry and food buildings: IDs 88 to 95.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main energy buildings: IDs 116 to 123.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 0 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 98 to 105.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main research buildings: IDs 171 to 178.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main intel buildings: IDs 153 to 160.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main industry and food buildings: IDs 134 to 141.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main energy buildings: IDs 162 to 169.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 1 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 144 to 151.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main research buildings: IDs 217 to 224.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main intel buildings: IDs 199 to 206.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main industry and food buildings: IDs 180 to 187.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main energy buildings: IDs 208 to 215.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 2 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 190 to 197.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main research buildings: IDs 263 to 270.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main intel buildings: IDs 245 to 252.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main industry and food buildings: IDs 226 to 233.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main energy buildings: IDs 254 to 261.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 3 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 236 to 243.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main research buildings: IDs 309 to 316.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main intel buildings: IDs 291 to 298.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main industry and food buildings: IDs 272 to 279.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main energy buildings: IDs 300 to 307.
Information: in edifice.bst: Empire 4 main food buildings (minus primitive farms): IDs 282 to 289.
Warning: in aiminor.wtf: Number of minor races doesn't match number in race.rst.

Whilst i do not understand i have excluded the lines under 'Information' as unimportant.

The problems i cant seem to resolve are:-

- 'The sum of space object frequencies is not 1' what does this mean and is there a way to fix it?

- 'planetary energy network' errors. i have double checked the building stats and the only planetary energy network structure i have is a 'one per system' structure. what does this error mean and how do i fix it?

- 'Number of minor races doesnt match the race.rst' i have changed most the minor races and added 2 ships per race. how do this error happen, how does it interfere with the game and how do i fix this issue?

thank you for your time and patience.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Error: edifice.bst: Planetary Energy Network has a higher build cost than it's upgrade (Class 7 Power Exchange).
Error: edifice.bst: Planetary Energy Network has a higher build cost than it's upgrade (Mark VII Gravitic Turbine).
the PEN is aupgraded by class 7 power exchange and/or mark VII gravitic turbine
- is the PEN ment to be upgraded by either of these? if yes then the cost of PEN is more than these two -- this wio casue a problem when you try to upgrade. My guess is that PEN is not to be upgraded? (Check this) Are you using the latest version of UE?
Warning: in aiminor.wtf: Number of minor races doesn't match number in race.rst.
have you added minors? Are you using the latest version of UE? my guess is you are not i remeber having this problem and i seem to think that an older version of u was leeaving spare extra race entries but you may have to check this in a hex editor for multiple entries?
Error: objstruc.smt: The sum of space object frequencies is not 1.
have you changed the probabilities of star colours and anomolies (black holes etc) this is supossed to sum to 1 ie 100% when you combine the probabilites. Sometime youget rounding errors (like you type 0.2 but get 0.2000000000001) this may not be a problem if the sum is very close to 1 eg. 0.9999999999 or 1.0000000001.

hope this helps :D
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jonesie85two »

1/ it turns out that i had set the structure to the wrong energy bonus. one of the energy bonus' is for the main production structures only and one is for 'other'. problem solved.

2/ when i set worm hole frequency to a higher level (looks around sheepishly) i unbalanced the overall frequency i put it back to normal. problem solved.

3/ No of minor race errors. recurring issue. never stops game play as far as im aware. i have not added any minor races but i have modified almost all of the minor races.

-name
-stats
-home-world
-system name
-minor race attitudes
-added ships to all minors (exc 3)

on the 'races ---> races info' screen i have 35 species (major and minor).

on the 'AI ---> Minor Race Attitude' screen i have 43 minor race species. it seems that when i changed that name of the species on the minor race attitude screen it replaced them with a duplicate entry of the original.

eg: i changed the Acamarians to Hirogen in the minor race attitude screen and now it has both Acamarians and Hirogen in the list.

im not sure what the side-effects will be.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

I have encountered this problem before, to correct problem;

1. backup your edited aiminor.wtf
2. extract aiminor.wtf from vanilla install then add to your mod.
3. run integrity check allow UE to rename races on aiminor.wtf and save. if UE states it wants to edit race.rst close UE without saving.
4. reset all minor race attitudes

good luck

thunderchero
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

jonesie85two wrote:on the 'AI ---> Minor Race Attitude' screen i have 43 minor race species. it seems that when i changed that name of the species on the minor race attitude screen it replaced them with a duplicate entry of the original.
I've looked into this issue and here's what might be causing it:

On Race info screen, when you rename a race - UE renames it in race.rst, then tries the same on aiempire.wtf, aiminor.wtf and trek.exe

In trek.exe the list of races is separate and some names don't match exactly (Antedeans->Antideans, Edo->Edos), but they match the aiminor.wtf entries which is all that matters - except for the Antedeans (known botf bug that causes Antedeans to be enraged towards everyone).

UE takes the name from trek.exe under the same race index, finds the name in aiminor.wtf, then renames both to match race.rst. But if it can't find the name in aiminor.wtf, it will add a new entry instead. This is what happens if the Antedean bug is not fixed.

Running check integrity should fix these problems, but it seems it doesn't so I'll look into that as well.
jonesie85two wrote:im not sure what the side-effects will be.
None. Generally you can ignore warnings in UE, they point out unusual changes that might not have been intended or things overlooked, but don't cause the game to crash.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

i changed the Acamarians to Hirogen in the minor race attitude screen and now it has both Acamarians and Hirogen in the list
before you fixed this how long was the race list in diplomacy, i'm asking if it was over 30 really becase this might give a small clue to adding more races to the game.
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Uploaded dev5b that will remove the extra entries if you run Check integrity.
jonesie85two
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jonesie85two »

Peter1981 wrote:
i changed the Acamarians to Hirogen in the minor race attitude screen and now it has both Acamarians and Hirogen in the list
before you fixed this how long was the race list in diplomacy, i'm asking if it was over 30 really becase this might give a small clue to adding more races to the game.
i never added i just changed the name of original race.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”