tactical simulator?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

tactical simulator?

Post by geon »

Hello again, Another modding question.

Many earlier space games had combat simulators built into them ie: choosing and pitting ship models against each other.

Is it, or will it be possible for BOTF to have a similar situation?

As it stands, ship combat in the game only occurs in the tactical combat screen. If this screen can somehow be accessed independently of the game, for example with a tab or button on the opening screen, and ship types and variables such as crew experience, geography (ie nebulas, stations, etc) manually handled by the player, this would provide a great tool for ship balancing, and mod balancing in general. A great way to fine tune the ships and stations to behave like their on screen counterparts.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I agree that would be ideal, however the question would be: where are ALL (and i mean every single one) functions to gain access to the combat independently, and if you did manage that, How would u go about adding ships and stats? I whole new platform would have to be developed, and I am afraid this does not seem possible with current knowledge :(
Not for the weak of heart...
GALM <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod

Return to “Modding Information Archive”