Cardassian transport

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Cardassian transport

Post by geon »

Hi all,

Am currently playing the latest Ultimate Dominion Mod (great mod) but have noticed that the Cardassian Transports are flying backwards. I'm sure this was looked into in the earlier forum, and I think a patch or file was made to address the problem.

Is this still available?

Regards

Geon
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Everyone always said the Cardassians liked to be different and unusual, their ways of moving are alien to us lol. Not all ships have to go forwards :D
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

that's the cardassian spy-TT. if it's discovered then it'll fly backwards so you won't see it's weapons and it might be able to conquer short-witted klingon bop's.

but seriously. I've never recognised this one. Guess I have to look this one special DS9 episode now to verify ;)
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

This is a acene from DS9 'Reurn To Grace'. It shows Dukat's transport approaching a planet. The glowing engines are just above the three little bottom fins. In the episode, the ship always flies forward with the two prongs at the front.

I can understand why people would think the two prongs are at the rear since these same two prongs are at the end of the Galor Class. But in this episode, they are definitely at the front of the transport
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

In this scene from DS9 'Rules Of Engagement' a convoy with two Groumall type transports is under attack. They are moving forward with the two prongs at the front
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Cardassian transport

Post by thunderchero »

geon wrote:Hi all,

Am currently playing the latest Ultimate Dominion Mod (great mod) but have noticed that the Cardassian Transports are flying backwards. I'm sure this was looked into in the earlier forum, and I think a patch or file was made to address the problem.

Is this still available?

Regards

Geon
Are you sure you have latest version?

I just checked and it flies the way you discribed in version 3.0.1a

thunderchero
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

geon wrote:Hi all,

Is this still available?

Regards

Geon
Yeah that would be me, I brought up the issue a while back. I have the file that Thunderchero (I think) sent to me that contains only the Cardy transport flying the right way, if you want it.
geon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by geon »

Hi Thunderchero,

The version of UDMIII I'm using is UDM 3.0.1a.b. It comes up as version 3.01a on the opening screen.

To Darth_Windu
If you could email the file to me in a personal message, it would be much appreciated.

And thank you.

Geon
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

I have never noticed this, which part is the front of the cardassian tt anyway?
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

tutankhaten wrote:I have never noticed this, which part is the front of the cardassian tt anyway?
I think that question itself is what's causing the problem. The front of the Cardie TT is actually the double prong, the same looking double prong that is the tail of most other Cardie ships.

I believe it has been established that on screen the double prong is the front of the TT. But it just looks so weird compared to the other Cardie ships that there are people who think it is backwards when it is actually correct. So it has actually been flipped around at various times with people thinking it is wrong both ways.
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

After a few major hard drive issues, I've just downloaded ECM2, and am replacing the ship models including for my custom Dominion-Ferengi Alliance. Anyway I was wondering if anyone could re-do the Cardassian transport to go forwards at all? I did have the file that Thunder did a while back, but it seems to have been a casualty of my conflict with my hard drives.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Return to “Modding Information Archive”