3ds max 9 and ultimate unwrap 3d not working under windows 7

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

3ds max 9 and ultimate unwrap 3d not working under windows 7

Post by Dr_Breen »

hi

i recently changed from xp to win 7. after installing 3ds max and unwrap 3d i had to figure out that these programs are actually not working. i already tried compatibility mode, disabling DEP and disabling windows aero. my nvidia driver is up to date. is anybody experiencing similar problems? any hints?
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
Chernabog
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Chernabog »

Hi,

I only have windows 7 starter on my laptop but I belive for the full windows 7 you can dl a winxp image that works with the new virtual pc program in windows 7 ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtua ... nload.aspx ) ... not certain if it would handle 3d graphics but it might be worth a shot.

Regards,

C.
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I experienced similiar problems (with other programs) that's why I switched back to xp (switched from xp 32 to 7x64 b4)

I think the problems have to do with the fact that the percentage of 7even users are still relatively low. This changes only bit by bit (everytime a new computer is bought) and you may have to wait for new versions of your programs which will be fully win7 compatible.

New drivers could also help but this may take a while, too.

I don't have good experiences with xp programs on 7. Much worked but the closer they got to the hardware (graphics and sounds) the more errors I got.

So perhaps a virtual machine like Chernabog suggested may help.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

argh this is terrible. i wont change back to xp now. so i will try running a virtual machine using vmware and install xp on it. has anyone ever done this? do 3d editors work?

this is really crappy as it prevents me from finishing models
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

as a general information for everybody trying to run uu3d or 3ds max under vista/windows 7

3ds max
running the programm in xp mode SP 3 with with visual themes and desktop composition disabled seems to work. one of the .dll fails to load but you can use 3ds max and i did not figure out yet what the failed libary was used for.

uu3d

uu3d v3 pro runs fine under windows 7. however version 2.15 needs to be installed on a virtual machine. it worked using vmware and a virtual windows xp
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

strange, I would have expected this problem on Vista, seeing as Vista is the only windows system that doesn't really run with DOS in the back. I thought they changed that with Windows 7 to make it compatable completely with XP.
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

My version of 3ds Max works fine on 7 without disabling themes and enabling compatibility... although I do have a 'preordered' copy...
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

i havent tested multigns creator yet. as my model is not that far yet. looks like i have to expect big trouble
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

im a little bit late in this post, but i had the same problem with the ultimate unwrap 3d 2.15, it doesn`t work on VISTA 64bit, at least. And the creator worked just fine.

Live long and prosper

Return to “Modding Information Archive”