UDM III Tactical Combat Error Message and Building Bug

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

UDM III Tactical Combat Error Message and Building Bug

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

In UDM III Tactical Combat, the game will freeze up if I try to rotate the viewscreen or review tactical combat. This also happens when the screensaver loads. On exit to Windows, I get the following error messages:

"Error: C:\mpr\ddk\eng\State.c Mar 17 1999"

The instruction at "0x2000d96a" referenced memory at "0x014f8d28". The memory could not be "read".

For the buildings, the Ferengi Franchise Office appears as trade credits in the build queue and I can't build the structure.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: UDM III Tactical Combat Error Message and Building Bug

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:"Error: C:\mpr\ddk\eng\State.c Mar 17 1999"

The instruction at "0x2000d96a" referenced memory at "0x014f8d28". The memory could not be "read".
this error is due to you have added ships that use 512x512 gif when hades is being used.
JeanLucPicard1 wrote:For the buildings, the Ferengi Franchise Office appears as trade credits in the build queue and I can't build the structure.
I just tested as feds after membering ferengi I was able build Franchise Office at ferenginar with no problems has files been edited here as well?

thunderchero
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Yeah I added the Talarian Warship. What size textures does UDM use?

I also made a few changes to structures using UE, like bringing back the listening post. Can changing individual structures affect other structures after updating stbof.res?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Yeah I added the Talarian Warship. What size textures does UDM use?
256x256
JeanLucPicard1 wrote:I also made a few changes to structures using UE, like bringing back the listening post. Can changing individual structures affect other structures after updating stbof.res?
yes depending on changes you made, there are about 4 locations to edit to keep all races building correctly. and scanners are the worst since they are special structures.

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”