Minor race under control?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Should Minor races be able to start as a member/ subjucated system?

Yeah, that would make it more like the Star trek universe I know
59%
No, that would mean that the hunt for a favourite Minor Race could be ruined
41%

Total votes: 17

eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Minor race under control?

Post by eprahsnada »

Just an idea placed for any modders to think about. Can the game be made so each major empire started with a minor race as a member or subjucated system?

For example the Federation starting with Vulcans as members, or the Cardassians starting with the Bajorans subjucated under their territory.

If anybody did find a clever way to add this feature to UE (cough cough DCER) as an update or whatever, or if it can already be done, please could you let me know, because I feel it would really improve my love of the game, even if nobody else likes the idea.

Eprahsnada
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

If i´m not wrong, it´s under development for UDM III.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

It's an interesting point - initially i wannted to vote 'yes' then i wanted vote 'no'

YES - Would be more cannon

NO - Might limit the diversity of the game
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

Yeah it might limit the diversity, but then perhaps there should be more minor races. Perhaps in the end Bethesda should get in gear and realise that people want to play BOTF but they are having to make improvements and upgrades to keep it fresh. Maybe a BOTF 2 should come out using the designing and ideas of this forum, in order to make it something that everybody can enjoy. I mean stuff you all wanna do to BOTF 1 can be too conplex for the game graphics and so dont work, but 10/11 years on we have the technology to make it HUGE.

Maybe we should get petitioning :D

Eprahsnada (Campaign for BOTF 2)
Do you think starships have industrial window wipers? I mean, a space-bug hitting the viewscreen at warp 5 will make one HELL of a mess!
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

eprahsnada wrote:For example the Federation starting with Vulcans as members, or the Cardassians starting with the Bajorans subjucated under their territory.
sounds interesting. I don't want this in a normal game but it sounds perfect for Mentat's Dominion Wars Scenario.

There you already start /w knowing the Vulcans.

So it could be this way:

T1 - game starts with First Contact made
T2 - Feds and Vulcans are affiliated with each others while other races like Andorians and Tellerites are friendly
T3 - "Birth of the Federation" with some (perhaps, Vulcans, Andorians + Tellerites) as Member-Races + Federation Council built

What would be cool for the Dominion Wars scenario would be bad for regular sp games. I mean try to play against the feds who already have this huge advantage in science. And then imagine that they have the vulcans at their side all the time.

I mean that might be cannon in one way but destroys the whole balancing on the other side.
eprahsnada
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by eprahsnada »

I think it would balance itself out if a brand new BOTF was made with the mods and ship designs that are most popular being remade into 2010 graphic levels. Make the game anew with better graphics, a bigger engine, more races and ships and all of the other stuff that would make it brilliant. maybe in the battle mode you could even make it like bridge commander or Legacy where you control a ship but still allow group orders of fighters and such. I think we should get bethesda onto this.

Eprahsnada
Sela
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Sela »

I know I would love to be able to start with the vulcans and mintakins as members when I play as the romulans. Save me a whole lot of searching. Even if they start at my side and not as members would be better than at the other end of the galaxy.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”