what is your favorite version?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

0069twiggy
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

what is your favorite version?

Post by 0069twiggy »

What is your favorite version of BOTF, is it vanilla or a mod, if so which one?

My favorite is the all the ages mod because I love playing in the TOS era :D
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

Hi, my favourite version is the moded version such as the 'galaxies mod' or 'UDM III', simply because it is far more in depth and has ships and races from not just next gen but all of the seasons whereas the origional botf game only has ships and species from next gen and TOS, this is unavoidable simply because the tv series like VOY and ENT had not been made. :)
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Galaxies and UDM III are the ones I play the most...mostly because of the aggressive A.I and the fact that in Galaxies you can reseach up to Level 15. More space to add ships....

It doesn' t mean I don't like the other mods but a game can take up to 3 or 4 days to play...Don't have time to play the others.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

BOP
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

For quite a long time my favorite mod was UM4 by Dafedz. Since all of the more recent discoveries, UDM and Galaxies have become my two most played. I hope that Dafedz will come back and do an update to UM to include all the new stuff like bigger map and building minor ships. At one time IMHO, his mod was at the fore front in terms of pushing the limits. Now that the limits have been expanded, I'd like to see him update his mod.
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Martok »

Gowron's Balance of Power mod remains my favorite by far.

I play UDM3 to a lesser extent as well, although not as much. I also have stardust's All the Ages and Tethys' Galaxies mods installed, but haven't really gotten around to trying them yet. Too many games, and not enough time!
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

I like Galaxies mod and All the Ages, with UDM following close behind. And actually the Uncivil Wars mod is actually pretty good too :)
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
tutankhaten
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by tutankhaten »

Army37 wrote:Galaxies and UDM III are the ones I play the most...mostly because of the aggressive A.I and the fact that in Galaxies you can reseach up to Level 15. More space to add ships....

It doesn' t mean I don't like the other mods but a game can take up to 3 or 4 days to play...Don't have time to play the others.
Does this mean you can make the AI more aggressive?

If so, please let me no how to do this because the mods including the ones you mentioned are becoming easier to win even at impossible level. :(
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

tutankhaten wrote:
Does this mean you can make the AI more aggressive?

If so, please let me no how to do this because the mods including the ones you mentioned are becoming easier to win even at impossible level. :(
Well, in my opinion, Tethys' Galaxies mod AI is much more aggressive than in the UDM III mod. You should ask him about it 'cause I'm clueless when it comes to moding and creating a game.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Installed BoP and AtA mods....gonna give it a try this week as I'm gonna be off from work....it's been way too long since I last played those.

But for now, time to test the Galaxies mod under Win 7...and destroy some borg hehehehe
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

lol Army, glad your enjoying it. I didnt really do much for the AI other than reducing ship cost and production capacity, fiddled around with colony values and such. For the most part, making sure that the system's main structures meet the population cap, so that they arent building structures before ships, and get right into ship building from turn 1.
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version

Return to “Modding Information Archive”