Can't install UDMIII

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Coracle
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Coracle »

@thunderchero

Was it really necessary to have a compulsory use of directories on C: for temporary file extraction during installation?

I did have some problems on a PC with a very small C partition. The game was to be installed on E:\botf which was o.k., but I hardly made. How about using a subdirectory of the installpath or asking for the drive for the temporary file extraction during the installation?

Other than that, may I just note what a wonderful piece of work that was! It is such a relief to stop to have to worry about the XP-Patch and its so much smoother and faster to play without having to use the CD, and its so much better than virtual CDs. THANK YOU!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Coracle wrote:@thunderchero

Was it really necessary to have a compulsory use of directories on C: for temporary file extraction during installation?

I did have some problems on a PC with a very small C partition. The game was to be installed on E:\botf which was o.k., but I hardly made. How about using a subdirectory of the installpath or asking for the drive for the temporary file extraction during the installation?

Other than that, may I just note what a wonderful piece of work that was! It is such a relief to stop to have to worry about the XP-Patch and its so much smoother and faster to play without having to use the CD, and its so much better than virtual CDs. THANK YOU!
I just checked installer program and no option to change or allow changing of temp file location. sorry, all temp files delete as soon as installation is complete, I know this would not help with limited "C" drive size. But you can change your location of your temp folder.

check out this post and tell me if it works.

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_change_the_ ... files.html

thunderchero
Coracle
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Coracle »

Good idea anyway, should have changed the Temp variable a long time ago.

Before posting yesterday, I had moved just almost every piece of software and even certain parts of the Windows directory, which I guess might not be needed on a daily basis to a different drive, then installed botf and then returned the stuff back to C:. So its installed now. I am not going to undo unless necessary, but thank's for checking.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”