Please help, Shipyard problem ?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

DEEDEETEE
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Please help, Shipyard problem ?

Post by DEEDEETEE »

OK, It was experimental but maybe some know the reason why it's failed..
I took the Multimod installer clean version deleted all models in the UE shipstat menue , troop transports and colony ships and minors left only... in the Game i can make turns (roundend) after programming AI only to build colony ships without problems, but even after implementing a model of a Fed nebula as an scout, destr., cruiser, strike,command and another vanilla outpost and starbase the Game crashes after pressig the button shipbuilding in the planetmenue... all obejects are shown correctly in the object database, no crash.log entrys... is the problem that the other majors can only build trooptr. and colony ships ? or should i implement a minimum of major ships
in the ship stats ?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

You need to uninstall everything and start over, To fix your problem would take major hex coding.

Why,

if you remove all ships this leave no special ships slots used by feds this rewrites trek.exe with this error when saved. (very difficult to fix)

to do your experiment first (after re-install) open trek.exe and edit/game/ship building and upgrading uncheck "special ships" and check "buildable minor ships in addition to empire ships (major code modifacation)"

then try your experiment.

thunderchero
DEEDEETEE
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by DEEDEETEE »

Yeah this fixed it, thanks for fast helping a green cadet...

Return to “Modding Information Archive”