Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

GulKelan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GulKelan »

hm i want to change that the miranda doesnt get updatet to the norway class? is this possible that i can change it with a editor??
really cool mod i love the big battles!
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

GulKelan wrote:hm i want to change that the miranda doesnt get updatet to the norway class? is this possible that i can change it with a editor??
really cool mod i love the big battles!
yes, ue will do this, But will break the way AI builds these ships.

thunderchero
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Quick info on the number of Minors:
At any setting you won't get more then 29 Minor Races atm., thus one Minor Race always misses.

The good point with that is, that you can get rid of the Coridans and their Orbital facility that way. This allows pretty relaxed working on a respective savegame galaxy-map. At best if you manage to get a savegame with no Drone and no Coridans.

Cheers

Mentat

p.s.: A quick question to all savegame manipulators:
Is it very dangerous to rename starsystems?
Or would you rather recommend renaming the stbof.res starsystem names?
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
sniperscope
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Ultimate Dominion Mod III

Post by sniperscope »

Hello Everyone; I'm new to this forum. Can someone please tell me where to download the Ultimate Dominion Mod III mod? I can't find it anywhere.
Thanks to whoever responds
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi ... highlight=

check site 9 of this thread. Start with 1.02 multi installer and then you can install any of the mods in this thread you want. Even all parallel if you desire so. WITHOUT reinstalling :wink:

Any previous installed version of BotF you might have installed already has to be fully removed. AFAIK these are the newest versions to date.

No CD or further files required.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

With DCER new findings I have created a new trek.exe for UDMIII 3.0.0 :wink:

this exe is for larger maps and able to build minor ships.

no new ships were added

you will still be able to build your ships at minor systems and any minor ships that race may have (if any).

You can build minor ships only if they are members

any subjugated systems is same as before "Your ships can only be built"

EDIT: the tech when minor becomes a member will not increase. so if ship upgrade is available later you would be unable to build them.

this is only out for testing.

UDMIII 3.0.0 build minor ships with large systems

Note: backup trek.exe first to rollback changes.
just copy trek.exe to C:\botf\UDM and overwrite older file.

And only works with Multi installer

enjoy,

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniperscope
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

BOTF

Post by sniperscope »

I can't believe what I am seeing and now playing a Microprose game from a time when great games were being made by this great company. I had this game years ago and thanks to you guys I'm into it again. I have been searching everywhere for a good Star Trek game to get really souped up for the movie on May 7th before I stumbled upon this site. Thank you all for bringing this back.
captaindusk
Commander
Commander

Post by captaindusk »

thunderchero wrote:Hi Everyone,

With DCER new findings I have created a new trek.exe for UDMIII 3.0.0 :wink:

this exe is for larger maps and able to build minor ships.

UDM III with the ability to build minor ships? 8O Thunder you are incredible. And so is the rest of you guys. You spent such a whole lot of hours for all of us.

I wish y'all would live nearer to me. I'd like to host a "BotF Community party". Good food good drinks and a whole lot of BotF gaming or watching Star Trek together. :wink:

Unfortunately there's one hell of a distance between us. And I doubt that I got enough space for 7000 people. :D

Anyway I still can't thank you enough.

edit: is this trek.exe only for large galaxies? And if so will there be one for normal sized galaxies too?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

captaindusk wrote:is this trek.exe only for large galaxies? And if so will there be one for normal sized galaxies too?
yes, but might make one later if there is no problems with code.

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Thunderchero, you make my day. Thanks alot for this (minor)major-update of udm. I hope to see soon new pictures of those new minors vessels (from your flagship-mod). Keep it on!

@captaindusk: Also ich wohne in Deutschland, also würf die Würstchen auf den Grill :)

[Edit]
I spend some Turns playing the Dominion and check out the new models for some classes (heavy enforcer & heavy scout). I can remember that I see those ship before; maybe in a other Star Trek Game ... but personaly I dislike the new ones. the color is a bit to purple and the other models seems more realistic (core, warpcoils... more bug-like).

I also remember that you "nerf" the minorships a bit. That make it a bit useless to build minorships - yet. I know you are busy right now with the flagship mod but I hope to see (fully) rebalanced UDM in a (maybe no so faraway) future. :-(
GulKelan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by GulKelan »

yeah i agree with ghost. dont understand me wrong this mod rocks but i also just like canon ships. the cardassian and romulans are cool but the doms...
but thats just a little thing... ;) necessary is only that i can play with miranda ect all the time with no updates ;)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

note on dominion ships:

If we did only cannon dominion ships there would only be 2 maybe 3 ship types.

thunderchero
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

I just talk about two ships. The new scout for example looks great - same style. The Heavy Scout & Enforcer could also been from another race. But this is only my opinion. I know its a good thing because the dominion variety of classes before.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

thunderchero wrote:note on dominion ships:

If we did only cannon dominion ships there would only be 2 maybe 3 ship types.

thunderchero
That's pretty well the same story for everyone but the Federation.
Mind, the story was written from a largely Federation perspective.

If it were from the Romulans or Dominon perspective instead for example we'd probably be saying the same about the Federation :wink:

For all we know, there are other classes of Dominion ship aside the 3 we see on screen. That's one of the best things about star trek, there's so much left there to your own imagination :)

I like the non canon ships in the game, the people who've made them have taken a great deal of time and care to create them so they're in keeping with the ships that are canon.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Question (maybe a bug): I am able to build the Attack Fighter III after researching IV & V.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”