Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Gh0st wrote:Question (maybe a bug): I am able to build the Attack Fighter III after researching IV & V.
opps, this was reported earlier but forgot about it when rescaling. will fix later this can be edited with UE

thunderchero
MrCoffee
Ensign
Ensign

Windows 7

Post by MrCoffee »

I have been running this in Windows 7 ( Build 7077 ) x64 bit ver for the past 2 weeks. I have installed the Vanilla version of the BOTF install. Thus far i have to report NO PROBLEMS !. :D

Got up to turn 500 the other day and finaly it started to take about 30 - 40 sec to compile the turns. I think thats due to the fact i just found the Klingons and thats the only race i have found. Playing a Large Random gal.

I will warn you, if you install Had's ( any vir ) It will crash a lot, and i mean a lot. Use Valnilla and I have not crashed once.

As for Windows 7, if you dont have it. GET IT. It makes windows vista run home to mama, and is better than XP. I even have a huge performace increase in win7 from vista. ( 40% of the bata testers state on microsofts sight they will swap to win7 from there current os, comparied to when vista was in bata only 7% said they would swap. )

I'll keep you updated on Win7, right now i'm only running the 64bit vir. I have it installd on a nother cpu thats a 32bit, but my son only plays it on the weekends and when he did play it, he too had no problems.

Enjoy the mod, it rocks.
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Well, its been some days now, but I finally succeeded to produce a "Dominion War" map. I have reintroduced the Bajorans and the wormholes into the map. Else its pretty much the same as UDMIII, thus I see it merely as a UDMIII scenario. If anybody is interested to play this, contact me, and I will try to upload the files somewhere. As it is now, some things are unsolved, like getting the Dominion attack through the wormhole, though this happens in 30% of all games that I have tested so far. In the rest of the games, the Dominion makes its way through colonizing the space between the gamma quadrant and the respective warzone (alpha&beta quadrant). For the Cardassians, Federation, Klingons and Romulans its a tough call for the best systems and Minors. Without question the Feds have the best cards there, and the borders are mostly drawn where Trek History does.

Anyhow, if Thunder doesn't like this attempt to create a scenario out of his and his predecessors outstanding work, I won't release any of the files. In this regard, please answer to this post, since, I am quite sure anybody can somehow recreate the alpha beta qudrants to make this happen.

If I get a positive answer to this, I will surely post some screenshots of the respective area, to manifest the quality of my work.

Cheers and thanks for that gorgeous mod.

Mentat
Last edited by Mentat on Mon May 04, 2009 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Irishguy1916
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Irishguy1916 »

is there a trek.exe for UDM3 that has the vanilla size galaxies ? and if so can someone post it.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Irishguy1916 wrote:is there a trek.exe for UDM3 that has the vanilla size galaxies ? and if so can someone post it.
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=10896#10896

post for normal maps link.

thunderchero
Irishguy1916
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Irishguy1916 »

Cool Thanks, i love the big maps too but i like really fast small games so i like the normal smaller maps.

Thanks again. And really looking forward to UCW2.0
GeorgiaBoy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

thunderchero wrote:Hi Everyone,

after Spocks-cuddly-tribble reported code for a long_edge related value for maps, I have uploaded a replacement exe for testing.

This will effect placement of home systems (more spread out).

this trek.exe must be copied (after being unzipped) to UDM install path (default: C\botf\UDM) and overwrite older file.

Trek.exe for spread out large systems

thunderchero
Will this be available with Gowron's new 52X39 map?

Many thanks, thunderchero.

GB
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

GeorgiaBoy wrote:Will this be available with Gowron's new 52X39 map?

GB
larger map size has already been set for UDMIII (40x30), so no it will not be increased.

thunderchero
GeorgiaBoy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

thunderchero wrote:
GeorgiaBoy wrote:Will this be available with Gowron's new 52X39 map?

GB
larger map size has already been set for UDMIII (40x30), so no it will not be increased.

thunderchero
Thanks. Been enjoying the UDM mod quite a bit. I have no idea how you can top it with UDM IV!?

GB
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

Oh, I have many ideas for a new release version of the udm. But they are not all possible! :-D
GeorgiaBoy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

Gh0st wrote:Oh, I have many ideas for a new release version of the udm. But they are not all possible! :-D
But what is possible? I am sure Thunderchero, Gowron, DCER, Joker, et al would know...
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

The qualifier 'What's possible' has changed a hell of a lot in the year I've been on the Forum.

There've been a lot of breakthroughs that were thought impossible until some bright spark found a way around :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
GeorgiaBoy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

stardust wrote:The qualifier 'What's possible' has changed a hell of a lot in the year I've been on the Forum.

There've been a lot of breakthroughs that were thought impossible until some bright spark found a way around :)
True enough. Now if only more than 30 minors could be done...

BTW Stardust, I would include you on the list I mentioned before as wonderful 'contributors to the cause'.

GB
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

GeorgiaBoy wrote: BTW Stardust, I would include you on the list I mentioned before as wonderful 'contributors to the cause'.

GB
:lol: well I haven't done much really, I've not worked out new things with the code, the only things I can put my name to shipwise is retexturing the ferengi fleet.

Nah, I've done nothing, just came up with an idea (one thing I am good at is ideas) and nailed a load of existing parts together :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
GeorgiaBoy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by GeorgiaBoy »

stardust wrote:
GeorgiaBoy wrote: BTW Stardust, I would include you on the list I mentioned before as wonderful 'contributors to the cause'.

GB
:lol: well I haven't done much really, I've not worked out new things with the code, the only things I can put my name to shipwise is retexturing the ferengi fleet.

Nah, I've done nothing, just came up with an idea (one thing I am good at is ideas) and nailed a load of existing parts together :lol:
Stardust,

You have made a mod and are very helpful in answering questions. I am just good at asking them for now...

Return to “Modding Information Archive”