Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

Btw, are you planning something big for the BotF 10th anniversary next year?

Just curious :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

New ships looking cool guys.

just one slight question about something i've noticed with the latest update.

i'm playing as the klingons, i've got a large battle fleet and i kept coming up against cardie outposts.
i could select the klingon command wing in battle and tell them what to do easy enough, but i couldn't select the fat attach ships. i couldn't physically move the camera angle round to a point where i cold clearly click on the fast attack group and give them their orders.

I tried zooming out but hard as i try i couldn't swing the angle round to the horizontal...it was acting as if there were ships in the way, like you'd get if you tried swinging the angle round at close range.

Any ideas what it might be? i don't recall having any such issues in previous mods. It's not a major thing but i thought i'd let you guys know.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Deano23285
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Deano23285 »

noticed a little something with Dominion outposts, the TTs build starbases first and do not build outposts
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

The dominion always had 3 starbases. I'm not sure if they're supposed to have an outpost in this update but in research screen it goes fortressI, fortressII and fortressIII.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
lain
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by lain »

Nice new ships.:)

Just a little question: is it possible to tweak the AI to do ramming manouvers? The Dominion love to do them in the shows but usually run away from my fleets when outgunned.:(
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

damn, i forgot to mention last night, the Dominion still seem to have a few of the old ferengi statements in the diplomacy screen. One cropped up after i declared war on them, and them issuing a statement saying something along the lines of not having the lobes for business and going home....

Personally i thought it was a case of sour grapes seeing as i'd just nicked their homeworld :D

My 4shared folder
ketteringdave
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by ketteringdave »

I've had the opportunity to come back to this mod after some (unintentional) time off, and I am still amazed by what can be done with this game. I've noticed a few things in 3.0.g, which hopefully haven't been mentioned before.

1) The Benzite Industrial Center gives anywhere from +350% to +600% industry. As much as I've enjoyed this in the past few games, it seems way overpowered (especially considering the Tellarite Engineering Union is only +40%). In one game, this system gave me the boost to switch from repelling an invasion fleet to complete dominance.

2) I'm early in a Dominion tech 1 game now, and I noticed that Bajor, along with each subsequent colony, has "Indurstrial Centers" which then upgrade correctly to "Industrial Centers" at level 2. Not usually something to worry about, until...

3) At the end of my last game (tech 1, issue started around level 7-8), every single minor race that I bribed away from my enemies (at least four, from different empires) lost all of their industry buildings. Now I realize that this can happen, seemingly at random, in any mod. I just wonder if this issue could be connected to the previous typo.

4) For the Romulans, it still doesn't seem right to me that the Stormbird II (strike cruiser) is the fastest ship in the fleet.

5) For the Klingons, the Attack Cruiser comes way too late - I didn't bother building any since the Battleship was right around the corner. At the same time, the Battle Cruiser (even at IV) seems outmatched by every other cruiser as soon as you can build it (I haven't compared numbers, just a gut feeling).

6) Poking around a bit with UE, the Dominion have 3 "outposts", where the other races have 2 "outposts" and 1 "starbase". No real difference (I assume), except the Dominion get a free upgrade while the other empires need another TT.

Anyway, I'm having an absolute blast with this mod. I love all the new models, and the gameplay is different enough than vanilla or BoP to stay interesting. I've had practically zero trouble with stability as well. Keep up the great work!
crashpm
Ensign
Ensign

Post by crashpm »

heh more Sovereign whining from me. I dont mind the Scimitar class being superior in every way to the sovereign, as that was clearly line out in nemisis, what really bugs me is Sovereign costs more industry and Maintainence, how is that fair? pay more for an inferior vessel?
Be a good sport, dont use cloakers.
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Major Bug on Saber-Class

Post by Turner »

I was always wondering why the Saber-Class was so effective, now i know why. During the battles the Saber fires beyond their standard phasers a single phaser shot, doing up to 640 points of damage. In other words the Saber is "cheating". I have contolled several savegames and have started new games all with the same result. I hope you can find out how the Saber is doing that.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

klingon Ships i've seen do that as well, not to mention the Borg, Turner.
As i look at it., they're not exceeding the allotted firepower they've been given but the game somehow bundles multiple shots together and tots up the damage that way. it seems to happen more in large battles.

My 4shared folder
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Turner »

@Stardust: Thats right and i ve seen that in vanilla BOTF too. But what i mean is, that the Saber only have 4 phaser arrays at 44 shots. So their maximum phaser damage is 4x44 = 176. In my savegames the Saber fires with 640 + 176 = 816 and this is cheating in my opinion.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Yeah :lol: I see what you mean now.
i was thinking that the beam multiplyer was set to something other than one, but on my copy i've just checked and it isn't.

It's more than likely yet another bug in the game somewhere rahter than deliberate cheating *rolls eyes*

My 4shared folder
MikeandMarion
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by MikeandMarion »

Quick question:
I just started trying out this mod (GREAT, btw), and I attempted a game at Lvl 4 start for everyone, to see the full game more readily. As Dominion, there were so many energy structures that they did not all fit on the screen, and I could not power on the ones that I didn't see. Do you have to scrap structures, turn on the ones you couldn't see, and then rebuild the scrapped ones, or is there a better way?
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

This was already discussed in another THREAD.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

As you well know we like to tease :lol:

so here is an old one with new look the Lambda Attack Fighter

And the all new Zeta class Heavy Attack Fighter

I know some of you would like to destroy a few of these ships :wink:

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”