Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

siggi
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

Post by siggi »

This thread is intended as a continuation of thread at the old board and serves to evaluate and discuss

Ultimate Dominion Mod III

Now in its third incarnation, the Ultimate Dominion Mod is a modification for the turn-based PC strategy-game Star Trek: Birth of the Federation. Ever since its first release by original author WhiteEagle, the Ultimate Dominion Mods have been attempting to create a challenging game-play to be as close as possible to canon Star Trek as possible, focusing on the Next Generation and Deep Space Nine era of Star Trek lore.

Introduction

Ultimate Dominion Mod III is based on the dramatic events shown on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and specifically centered around the conflicts arising from the Dominion invasion into the Alpha Quadrant. Of the five playable races featured in Birth of the Federation, the Ferengi are replaced by the Dominion, thus putting in the hands of the player the chance to take control of this enigmatic and powerful empire, originating more than 70,000 light-years away, in the distant and un-explored Gamma-Quadrant.

Play as the Dominion to utilize unique technology, fearsome intel and powerful starships to bestow order and control onto the other races of the Galaxy, or play as either the Cardassians, the Federation, the Klingons or the Romulans and defend yourself and the worlds of your empire from this new threat to the supreme reign of your race. Be sure to gather what resources you need, research advanced technology, expand your empire by colonization and conquest, weaken and exploit your enemies with devious intel campaigns and when the stage is set, lead your starships into challenging yet glorious space battles. Your very actions will determine the fate not only of your empire, but of the entire galaxy!

image no longer available

Storyline

Ever since intelligence made it to the stars, it encountered its own likeness. Among the mysteries between the stars, every species found that it wasn’t alone. Yet in the void of space there are mysteries so powerful they can change the fate of many races…

Unknown to anyone except the scholars and priests of the domestic people, a stable wormhole existed in the Bajoran solar system since ages past. Revering and worshipping the Celestial Temple of the Prophets, the Bajorans failed to recognize the Wormhole for what it was. Until it was too late.

70,000 lightyears from Bajor, the Wormhole had a stable terminus near the stellar territory of an ancient galactic power known as the Dominion. Created two millennia ago by a species of shapeshifters, the Dominion was dedicated to order and control the ‘Solids’, all non-shapeshifting races who for many centuries had feared and hunted the later Founders of the Dominion. Ruling with an iron fist over large parts of the distant Gamma-Quadrant, the Dominion had few enemies to fear. Then a stable passage was discovered, leading to sectors of space filled with uncontrolled solid life, which by its very nature would sooner or later endanger the integrity and order of the Dominion.

Large expeditions were sent through the passage into what by its indigenous races was called the ‘Alpha-Quadrant’. Led by the cunning and mischievous Vorta, the genetically engineered Jem’Hadar soldiers quickly overran the Bajorans and conquered the once peaceful worlds of the Bajoran system.

Setting the staging grounds on Bajor for their operations in the regions so far from their home territory, the Dominion is bend to one purpose: Extend the control and order of the Dominion over all of the Alpha-Quadrant. Every race which stands in its way will perish.

But the peoples of the Alpha-Quadrant will not easily abandon their worlds and already every race strives not only to fight of invaders but to become the one dominant force itself. Spanning galactic distances a clash of philosophies, technologies and cultures will ensue as it was never witnessed before anywhere between the stars…

Mod Features

Gameplay:
- Dominion replaces Ferengi as a playable race, featuring unique structures, starships and philosophy.
- Numerous new minor races, each providing unique advantages and some even have powerful ships of their own, including the Breen, the Son’a, the Coridans, the Lissepians, the Miradorn and several more…
- starting levels and conditions have been altered. “Beginningâ€
Last edited by siggi on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
...of course, this was also true at the Birth of the Federation...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2718319/cd23df1/sharing.html
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Funny haven't seen that Romulan Outpost/Starbase yet in the game. Is it for a future update?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Army37 wrote:Funny haven't seen that Romulan Outpost/Starbase yet in the game. Is it for a future update?
Yes it is :lol:

thunderchero
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

thunderchero wrote:
Army37 wrote:Funny haven't seen that Romulan Outpost/Starbase yet in the game. Is it for a future update?
Yes it is :lol:

thunderchero
Kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice!!!!!!!!!!!
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Wow, the screen shots look incredible, especially the Constitution pic :)
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

By the way when is the next update going to be ready?
I thought you guys said there would be one soon but that was before the site went down. :x
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

well I've had a go at the beta release, I've got to turn 103 as the feds without any problems.

I'm on T5, I'm at war with the Dominion and in a precarious position with most of the other powers
(bloody war pacts, as usual)

I noticed the Dominion video at the start has no sound, and early in the game I'm on with the Fed's i had the Trill join me early on, but for some reason they had no farms or industry.
I went back a few turns and held off offering them membership until they advanced themselves and when i did sign them all was fine.

No crashes to report so far :)

I'll let you know if anything happens, well done for another fantastic mod, guys :)

EDIT: i started a new game as the romulans and had the same problem with a minor again, this time with the Denobulans, again it's fine if i left them to develop for a while first.
Last edited by stardust on Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
siggi
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by siggi »

trevtones wrote:By the way when is the next update going to be ready?
I thought you guys said there would be one soon but that was before the site went down. :x
Well, it will still be soon ;-). The transition of the forum site has slowed us down a bit (as have real life issues, as usual...), we have indeed been working on coming updates and we have indeed gathered some pretty substantial stuff for the next update. But I won't give away what we have in store, but there will be some pretty neat surprises... ;-)

So stay tuned and have just a little more patience ;-).

Cheers,
Siggi
...of course, this was also true at the Birth of the Federation...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2718319/cd23df1/sharing.html
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

by the way what is the newest version out, last I downloaded was the patch for version 'F'
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

what is the newest version out last i downloaded was the 'F' Version. and why the heck are the forums yelling at me for making too many posts to fasts???
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

........weird double posts wtf.???
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

@siggi

I like surprises. :-)

Keep us posted.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

the latest versions are

UDMIII3.0.e.exe (full install)
UDMIII3.0.f update with hotfix.exe (latest patch only at my shared folder see link below)

thunderchero
Deano23285
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Deano23285 »

looking forward to your updates guys
Paranoid001
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Paranoid001 »

cool i was just afraid i missed a patch during the downtime this forum encountered. I am itching for the newest update.....

Return to “Modding Information Archive”