Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

matress_of_evil wrote:I terraformed a small planet, but the terraform wireframe shown was for a large planet instead of a small planet. The graphic was also shifted down and right. I cancelled the terraform order and tried again, but that didn't solve the problem.
That's a mod-independent bug in BotF. As far as I'm right remember a big 85pop vulcan and a smal 25pop desert planet sometimes have wrong displayed graphics (smal/big swapped). The yellow terraform size is right, the displayed planet grafic is wrong.
matress_of_evil wrote:I rammed a severly damaged Klingon Outpost with a Sabre class that had more hull points, but both the Outpost and my ship (Which had more hull!) were destroyed!
That's also a mod-independent bug, not only against outposts.
matress_of_evil wrote:When I checked the news screen, the destruction of the Outpost was listed twice.
Also normal for BotF, in the destruction of outposts/starbases and some diplomatic events.
matress_of_evil wrote:I was allied with the Cardassians on turn 62, and the Cardassians asked me to join them in a war pact against the Dominion, which I agreed to. The Cardassians did NOT keep their word, and two turns later they cancelled the alliance and declared war on ME instead! WHY?
This is normal BotF AI diplomacy, not only for Cardassians.
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Smoothoperator
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Smoothoperator »

helo guys im new hear. I started playing botf a few moth ago, after forgetting about it for several years. So now I'm done with getting this game I once enjoyed so much and started to egt bored. SO I decided to install this mod. After installing it (without the updates and patches) a message occured. The installation was done 100% but the install window didnt close.

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b0bf9c 4 75b0bf9c 75b0bfpc

it said it couldnt find a cd.
And now when I want to start the game the screen turns black, I dont know if I just dont have enough patience but after staring at the black screen for 2 or 3 mintues i closed it, so my question is is it an error or does it just take a long time to load.
It could be that there are some problems with the CD, its old and has some scratches, also the installation of the original game dindt go to smoothly. Another thing could be that I have the german version and the error message occured when the installer wanted to do something with the GERMAN flder.
So can anybody help me plz I m realy looking forward to playing this mod:)
Greets Smoothy

EDIT: So now it works i had another cd hidden somewhere and now it works perfectly but i still have the old german sounds, the speaker calls the dominion the ferengi alliance and some kind of new race the anticans, also the videos are still the old german ones. Any idea what to do? can I simply replace the german sound files with the new english ones, i dont mind it s not necessary for me to hear a german voice talk.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

@Smoothoperator,

you might want to try the ISO in downloads on this site. You can burn to cd or mount on virtral drive.

Here is a good post on subject;
viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=142

I just read your edited post this will also take care of most of the other problem if not all you are haveing. just don't forget to delete BOTF from installed location after uninstall.

thunderchero
matress_of_evil
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Location: South Wales - Not The Australian One, The Other One!

Post by matress_of_evil »

Thanks for the info, Spocks-cuddly-tribble. You can tell I don't usually ally with the Cardies or ram outposts lol.

Did you notice my previous post, thunder? Some of the other problems I noted are genuine mistakes that should be fixable.

Just to continue, I found a few more problems:

Green stars in the system view show up on the galactic map as red stars. The images used for the green/red stars also have a black box around them, although you can only see this when zoomed in. The glitch is most noticable when playing as the Klingons.

I've fixed the black pixels in the red star images (s-g-map.tga and s-g-maps.tga), saved them as 16-bit tga's and registered the images in the Ultimate Editor. I've uploaded the images and the newly-registered texture.lst and palette.lst files. Damn it was fun going through the 5401 image files looking for just those two images! :roll: :P
Download The Fixed Red Star Images (But They Still Replace The Green Star Image)

I've also found the original Green Star images in my backup stbof.res file, so I added those to the game, registered them with UE and saved the palette.lst and texture.lst files. You can download these files from here. Again, you should be able to just add them direct to UDM3.
Download The Original Green Star Images From BOTF

UDM3 is incompatible with any other mods - adding these files will stop the Trekpedia in the research screen from working properly; you will not be able to view the ships in the Trekpedia as the game will simply crash when you try. I've posted these files just in case thunder knows how to add them to a future release without breaking the game, so please don't download them unless you're thunderchero!

The Stations do not upgrade in a logical order. They go Outpost-Starbase II-Starbase III. Shouldn't it be Outpost-Starbase-Starbase II?

The Federation Outpost, Federation Starbase II, Federation Starbase III, Cardassian Outpost, Cardassian Starbase II, and Cardassian Starbase III need to be made larger in the research screen. They are much more zoomed out than the ships, especially the Cardassian stations, which are so small that they show as only a few pixels.

The Federation Fleet Icons look a little...flat to me compared to the shiny new ones for the other Empires, so i've made some new ones based on the BOTF desktop shortcut icon.

Download Fleet Icons

I'll keep posting if I find anything else. :P
Check out the latest news for Star Trek: Supremacy, Birth of the Empires and more at Star-Trek-Games.com!

"Anyone without a sense of humour is truly at the mercy of the rest of us."
Smoothoperator
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Smoothoperator »

Hello again, first of all thx for the quick help and I hope you can help me again.
So i downloaded the iso, installed the game patched to version 1.02 and installed the mod with the update and now I get the same problem I had before, when I statr the game I get a black screen and nothing happens.

I dont know what it could be, i tested the normal version and it worked fine, then tested it with the 1.02 patch and it still worked, then I installed the mod and it tells me there is no cd in the drive which cant be since I have the iimage mounted and the also tried the original cd. I dont know what it could be, but when I install the mod the old error message shows up.
So I really dont know where the problem is, since the game worked well yesterday online with german voices. Any ideas?
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

@SmoothOperator: Try checking stbof.ini, located in your botf folder, for the CD-path and make sure it points to your virtual drive.

The black screen sounds like it could be a video card problem but thats just speculation.
Don't let your reach exceed your grasp! :mad:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

@trev and smoothoperator,

with UDMIII both cd and hard drive path should point to c:\botf I am at work so not sure excact wording but it runs from hard drive not cd.

thunderchero
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

thunderchero wrote:@trev and smoothoperator,

with UDMIII both cd and hard drive path should point to c:\botf I am at work so not sure excact wording but it runs from hard drive not cd.

thunderchero

Yeah I know that but it works both ways. I thought trying to launch from virtual drive might help.

It's strange that he's getting no-cd errors, that shouldn't happen. :?

It's C:\botf\ btw
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

if you run from cd you will not get right videos and maybe sounds
trevtones
Commander
Commander

Post by trevtones »

Oh I see, I didn't realize that. I guess it would read what's on the CD first. My bad!!! :-)
pauluk
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by pauluk »

never trust a Cardassian :)
(oops, that was in reply to them declaring war on you from peace, several posts ago)
Smoothoperator
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Smoothoperator »

Its finally working:)
thx for your help guys I dont know what it was exactly but it works. I deinstalled the mod and downloaded the files again and now its working with videos right language and all that, and I have to say after playing 100 rounds or so with the federation I m stunned its almost a complete new game and I'm very happy with it. I got an alliance with the carcasians and the klingons and I'm fighting against romulans and the dominion. Great work guys, thx very much.
pauluk
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by pauluk »

Btw is the main aim of the game to play with Feds and other races, Against the Dominion?

all the other posts ive seen have people playing as the Feds LOL - and there's me thinking i'd jump right in and actually BE the Dominion :)
Smoothoperator
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Smoothoperator »

thats the next thing I ll do but feds come first;)

So now I m in round 250 and in war with all other races, first the klingons declared war on me and 50 rounds later my second ally the cardasians betrayed me, screw them all^^
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

pauluk wrote:Btw is the main aim of the game to play with Feds and other races, Against the Dominion?

all the other posts ive seen have people playing as the Feds LOL - and there's me thinking i'd jump right in and actually BE the Dominion :)
this mod is made so you can play all races. so just be who ever you want to be. we are still working on complete ship replacement and feds and klingons have the most new ships. til next update :wink:

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”