Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Yes, The crew training original limits have been activated. This was originaly ment for klingons only, But with the changes to building in UDM it now allows Klingons, Dominion and cardassian to train to ledgendary. While federation and romulans can train to elite. But Federation and Romulans may train to ledgendary at Zakdorn Military Academy, or Andorian Imperial Guard.
As before once in battle there are no limits.

I have thought about editing this to give 3rd ledgendary training slot in trek.exe to a new minor structure to limit all majors to elite.

Here is complete post on this subject.

crew training

thunderchero

*repost of links*

Here is UDM3.0.1

UDM3.0.1

for more info please read the readme

readme for UDM3.0.1
mickar
UDMIII tournament winner
UDMIII tournament winner

Post by mickar »

Mentat,

Kling/Xindi killed my outpost/starbase (can't remember what it was now, whatever u get at t2) first shot. I didn't even kill 1 Xindi ship my first shot, owing to how far away I was. I probably could have done abit better at the battle but just group attacked as I was abit disappointed on how crappy my first shot was.

T2 impossible setting is what I play the most. It offers the best challenge. I've found that less than impossible setting and the ai tends to leave you alone more. On impossible they almost assuredly attack you, which is what I like.

I played a t5 game as fed impossible, just to see how long it would take to research the level 10 ships. It took me 105 to research all level 10 which is comparable to vanilla. So imho, it is the right balance for research. Afterall, in a multi game, who really plays more than 100+ turns.

Edit: I also like t2 because you start with only 2 systems and don't spend too much time making structures to fit your population. At t1 you spend too much time making structure and upgrading those structures. Time that could be spent colonizing and/or making tt to search. T4 & 5 you start with too many humungous systems and, imho, it makes the game too easy to win.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

With all the conflicting info in this post a new post has been created for final release of UDM III 3.0.1

and can be found here

Return to “Modding Information Archive”