Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Badbru
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Badbru »

I don't think I like it Pigman. Not sure why exactly. Maybe needs to be sharper, crisper, or perhaps cleaner if you know where I'm going?
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

thunderchero wrote: not sure if we will put in NX class ship or DY-100 due to they would be too early of ship for dominion war. but norway is coming back and is a very nice looking ship.
Wouldn't that apply to the Connie then as well? But hey it's your mod, you make the rules. You'll get no complaints from me, just suggestions you are more then free to take or not. If I really want my own way I can always learn how to make my own mod! :)
thunderchero wrote: Glad to hear you are enjoying mod and have you ran across borg sphere or Species 8472?
I'm enjoying it very much. I haven't encountered the borg or 8472, but I'm playing with randoms off. I'm guessing they are replacements for some of the random monsters? Eventually I'll try a game with randoms on. Right now I'm trying to deal with very fast advancement rate of this mod. I'm not able to play with my normal method of slow development, I keep getting my @ss kicked! I need to approach this mod a lot more aggressively then I normally play.
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

thunderchero wrote:Pigman,

The bordering looks good, And some of art work is good too. But dont like buttons.
Hey Pigman, I agree with thunderchero. The buttons are kind of hard to look at. I think it might just be the black lines that run vertically through them and the words. Almost creates the illusion that it's blurry. Maybe get rid of the lines? Or change to different buttons all together? Otherwise I really like the way it looks.
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Thanks for the feedback guys

I was never really that happy with the buttons, although it was an attempt to make interface look more like Dominion, however it was obviously at the cost of losing clarity

Therefore, I will rethink the buttons and am open to suggestions if anyone has ideas on making them look Dominion, but retaining a clean look

Pigman
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Downloaded UDM 3.0 H C/W Joker's newer patch and latest trek.exe today

Installed on clean vanilla and initially all was well

Just started a game as Dominion and could see Combat Drone (Echo Papa) on edge of my space, so thought I'd take it out

Whichever combat option I choose or combination of ships, system crashes

With one exception that is. I took a damaged scout back in to combat on it's own (death wish) just to see what would happen and system didn't crash. Needless to say the drone cleaned my scout's chronometers.

Have I got the wrong trek.exe and where should I have taken it from?

Or do we still have the crash when in combat with "monsters" bug?

Pigman
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

pigman,

you can get exe from my shared folder or siggi's or download section. it must be unziped and copied to BOTF folder.

I have tested many time with no problems

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

thunderchero

Thanks for your response. I already did all that but tried again in case I messed up. Problem hasn't gone away.

As Dominion I have the Combat Drone (echo papa) 2 squares from Bajor diagonally. It was only a game I started to mess around so isn't serious, but whenever I move ships into square with Combat Drone and whatever command I use, the screen immediately goes black and then CTD.

What I have discovered is that I can move up to 4 scouts into said square and attack echo papa without the game crashing and this seems to be repeatable.

I have this set up on Win98SE but also have XP and Vista systems at home, so will try to transfer save to another machine and see what happens.

When I get time and if you want to look at it I can send you the save.

Regards

Pigman
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

pigman,

it almost sounds like you don't have 3.0.h installed. you might want to uninstall everything and start over.

also rememmeber old saves will not work with new version. differant amount of ships.

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

No, I uninstalled BOTF, deleted botf folder, installed vanilla fresh, used Joker's new patch (could that be problem as this machine is running Win98SE and doesn't need Joker's patch??) and then ran UDM 3.0 H installer.

As I have said before all seemed well until I came across Echo Papa

But again, when I get time I'll copy the save and uninstall and start again fresh.

BTW after doing all above I downloaded corrected trek.exe from Siggi's 4Shared location, unrarred as you suggested and copied trek.exe over to BOTF folder.

Not sure if relevant or not but corrected trek.exe was exactly same size as trek.exe installed by UDM 3.0 H

Pigman
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Pigman wrote:used Joker's new patch (could that be problem as this machine is running Win98SE and doesn't need Joker's patch??
No, joker's patch is for updating to 1.0.2 for all windows operating systems
Pigman wrote:But again, when I get time I'll copy the save and uninstall and start again fresh.
not recemenended, never use saved game on a new install unless you want crashes.
Pigman wrote:Not sure if relevant or not but corrected trek.exe was exactly same size as trek.exe installed by UDM 3.0 H
not relevent, all trek.exe are the same size, all that can be done is edit, you can not add or subtract any bytes, or game will crash

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

OK will forget about this particular problem and start from scratch again, just in case I screwed up somehow.

I think unlikely as I am very methodical and have been playing this game 8 yrs plus including various mods, but who knows, nobody's perfect!

However, my problem seems very similar to Badbru's posted on this forum July 12th
Badbru
Ensign

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:29 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've had two CTD's using "h". Normally a crash for me is a combat lockup complete with the repeating fraction second of a sound and these days those are rare. The two crashes I've had with "h" though were both kick out to desktop crashes which I don't usually experience.

The first was a monster encounter. Half dozen or more Federation ships against Echo Papa. I issued my orders and hit turn to start the battle and CTD.

Could be a monster issue like the other guy with Chodak perhaps?

Pigman
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

pigman,

that was before new exe was released and why exe was released.

give me a couple hour and will put new full mod installer exe in download section.

thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

hi everyone,

If you want I have just uploaded anouther full installer EXE to download section. That has new working exe (at least for now added new ships is not as easy as we thought :cry: ) I will have new file uploaded to my shared folder soon and siggi will make his public later.

P.S. pigman you were right old exe was not working on combat drone. I reinstalled and mine quit working.

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi thunderchero

Thanks for that, have downloaded your latest full installer EXE but haven't had time to try it as working away from home for a couple of days.

Just to be clear, does this latest upload solve CTD problem when starting combat with the combat drone? and have you tested it to prove it?

Regards

Pigman
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Pigman wrote:Just to be clear, does this latest upload solve CTD problem when starting combat with the combat drone? and have you tested it to prove it?
yes I have tested this exe on combat drone and Orbital Facility and no CTD

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”