Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

spier123
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by spier123 »

Hi, I've played 2 games using your mod and i must say that it's fantastic, but i've noticed some real AI weirdness:

I'm playing on the highest difficulty and it seems to me that my enemies are afraid of attacking me, both on the strategic map and especially during combat.

For example, i'm playing as federation and during one battle i had a mix of heavy/light explorers while the dominion had about 20 large battleships. I withdrew from battle and so did my enemy, despite having a tactical advantage.

Is this behavior hard coded or has the mod toned down enemy aggressiveness?

The reason i'm bringing this up is because i'm at war with all 4 of the other empires (who happen to be either on friendly terms or allied with each other) and none of them are really trying to attack me :-(
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

Hello everyone, you made a remarkable work in this MOD, however, there is one point which I would like to approach: In the section:"Build Stats" of DCER Ultimate Editor, you put twice the same building "Deep Space Array" and it misses the "communications grid" for the bribes. Why ?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

because communications grid does not work it make it easier to bride. as for duel entry of deep space array it is needed for scanner to work right.

thunderchero
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

There is an error, some texts of the minor races diplomatic reports in the lexicon do not correspond with their sound file in the "English" sound file which you put in your mod
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

daniel wrote:There is an error, some texts of the minor races diplomatic reports in the lexicon do not correspond with their sound file in the "English" sound file which you put in your mod
we are aware of many errors in lexicon and sound files. :wink:
this mod is not currently being worked on :(

thunderchero
Wraith
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Wraith »

Would it be OK if I release a texture pack for the Dominion?..... only some new reworked textures I have modified with photoshop for UDM 3 :?:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

no you would need to create your own ships

thunderchero
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

i just finished my first game with udm III (all the other ones have been aborted for some reason)

i noticed the klingon ground defense is very low, and so is the cardassian one...is there a reason for that
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

Greetings everybody, you did a great job for the new introduction video for the Dominion in the mod. I would like to add French subtitles to the other videos and i don't know how make it. Can you help me and show me, please?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

daniel,

the "open.avi" is video only with a seperate sound file "intro.wav" I don't think these files would support subtitles so it would need to be added directly to video.

as for "F.avi" this file format is still unknown, it has audio and video in same file, But all formats I have tried have failed.

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

thunderchero wrote:as for "F.avi" this file format is still unknown, it has audio and video in same file, But all formats I have tried have failed.
It is unknown? Can't believe, cause I can play it within my Windows Media Player Classic with sound easily.
Just had a look at it with GSpot and it states that the video codec of my german F.AVI is cvid (Cinepak by Supermac), format 800 x 300, 24fps, same as open.avi but 3264kbps, 577Frames in total with PCM Audio 22050Hz 706 kb/s tot (2 chnls) :D
It must be possible to edit/make new ones. :roll:
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

There is a solution, I can include the subtitles with virtual dub but the sound must be removed or then if you have another solution, I am ready to listen to you.
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

Here is what happens
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

daniel,

I am just wondering your plans here? are you creating a complete French version of UDM? or complete version of BOTF? and will this be released to public? or is this just for personal use between a few friends?

thunderchero
daniel
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by daniel »

Yes i make a BOTF French version for those who would have it. I know that in botf 2, Mike Strobel made a multi-language editor. why? Does this pose a problem?

Return to “Modding Information Archive”