Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

MrCoffee
Ensign
Ensign

Post by MrCoffee »

Dont know much about that, it was just a thought. I just know it had a lot of ship modles in the game. What your doing is great. Keep feeding my BOTF
chestermike
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by chestermike »

Its great work mate, but the only problem I have is the AI expends its territory FAR too slowly. Played a quick game on this as the dominion from tech level 1, I have 48 systems colonised and am just building 20 more colony ships to take over the whole bottom half of the map, while the feds have 16 systems, klingons 14, romulans 13 and cardies 12.

Also, I have noticed the AI completely ignore systems with dilithium in. They colonise all the systems around the dilithium and just leave dilithium rich systems uncolonised in the middle of their territory.
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

chestermike wrote: Also, I have noticed the AI completely ignore systems with dilithium in. They colonise all the systems around the dilithium and just leave dilithium rich systems uncolonised in the middle of their territory.
Since the AI can build dilithium mines in systems without dilithium that's not a big deal. :)

It takes MONTHS to convert a ship?
Oh my if that is the case it is both easier and faster to build it from scratch. :wink:
It also explains why you take so much pride in a decent conversion, it's like that Apollo 13 thing when they needed to adapt the cube shaped CO2 scrubbers for usage in the other module...only worse.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

MrD wrote:It takes MONTHS to convert a ship?
that would be worst case, I have done some as little as 1 hour :wink:

also here is repost of latest link;

UDMIII_3.0.1dev1_b
File size 87.6mb
hard drive space required 624mb

Multi main installer required.
BOTF 1.0.2 English\German

thunderchero
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

Been playing as the Cardassians and got maulled by the combined Alliance of the Fed, Klingon, Dominion and Romulans....

Slight grumble at the Cardassian ship specs...I know they have the strongest hulls...but some of the Federation ships have higher overall HP, and I think the Cardassians could do with a touch more Phaser and torpedo power...
Captain Nathan Dixon
Executive Officer, Starbase Pegasus
Siren Fleet
http://pegasus.siren-fleet.com/forums
Max_Sparta
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Max_Sparta »

Oh I dont know. I recently had a battle against the Dominion while playing as the Cards.

I had 9 Command Cruiser 3s and 9 Destroyer 3. The had 23 Commands, 12 Strikes and 43 Fast attacks.

Also all of mine were on Legendary status and at least 3 quarters of there’s were as well. The rest being between level 3 and 4.

I absolutely mauled them. I lost all my destroyers but just one of my Command ships while they lost all bar one of there entire fleet (It managed to flee). So I would say the cards were plenty strong if used correctly. :p

Going back to new ship additions i just had a thought for the Feds. As you know The destroyers have 3 levels yet only 2 ships to show this. Destroyer 2 being slightly weaker versions of the Constitution Class. Well how about the Destroyer 2 Mirander being replaced with That one that has the Constitutions saucer section, but just a single warp nacelle that sits down from the saucers rear.(I forget its class sorry :() Then you can just keep the Marander for the 3rd level :p

Im not sure though, It could be considered a bit big for a fast attack ship :P

Edit:, If i remember rightly I think its on the at the start of the new star trek film. You know, the one that Kirks pops rams into the romulans.

http://fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads ... 24x768.jpg
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Max_Sparta,

I have already planned a small change for destroyers class for feds

miranda (no roll bar) will replace soyuz "miranda Commisioned 2260"
soyuz refit will replace miranda I "soyuz refit 2278"
miranda refit will stay the same "miranda refit 2285"

no stat changes just model changes.

thunderchero
Wraith
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Wraith »

thunderchero wrote:well I guess you could say the Maquis stole the plans for this ship and started building them. :wink: were they not used in some episodes of ds9 by Maquis? So member Marquis and start building them. :lol:

thunderchero
But thunderchero, the maquis raider and the peregrine fighter are two different ships 8O

Besides, can you build ships from a minor race? :?:
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

Wraith wrote:
But thunderchero, the maquis raider and the peregrine fighter are two different ships 8O

Besides, can you build ships from a minor race? :?:
You can now :D as long as you member them... won't work if you subjugate them.
Archos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Archos »

Max_Sparta wrote:
Edit:, If i remember rightly I think its on the at the start of the new star trek film. You know, the one that Kirks pops rams into the romulans.

http://fusedfilm.com/wp-content/uploads ... 24x768.jpg

I believe its now known as the Kelvin Class...and in real terms...it would be approx same size as an Akira Class at 450m...the 'New' Constitution class is 718m long.

@Thunderchero
Is that miranda the top one: http://www.trekmania.net/art/mirandacomp1.jpg

So...does that mean we'll see the old Constitution 2245 Version in the game too...that would be cool.

The Peregrime Fighter is ugly.
Captain Nathan Dixon
Executive Officer, Starbase Pegasus
Siren Fleet
http://pegasus.siren-fleet.com/forums
Wraith
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Wraith »

ZeroChance wrote:You can now :D as long as you member them... won't work if you subjugate them.
Thanks!
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

miranda pre refit model

Archos wrote:So...does that mean we'll see the old Constitution 2245 Version in the game too...that would be cool.
no, tech level for first cruiser is too high to keep timeline. Plus no room :wink:
Wraith wrote:But thunderchero, the maquis raider and the peregrine fighter are two different ships 8O
star trek.com wrote:Peregrine-class courier
Episode: DS9 460 - Heart of Stone

Small vessel of unspecified origin but likely Federation or Starfleet, lightly armed with
a one-man crew that was known to be used (in modified form) as a Maquis interceptor.
The Founders ruse to lure back Constable Odo began with a faked scenario involving
such a ship attacking a Liseppian supply ship.

thunderchero
corestandeven
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Modding starting conditions

Post by corestandeven »

Hi,

Only just joined the forum. I loved BOTF in 1999 and have spent hundreds of hours on it. Now with the Ultimate Dominion Mod I feel this game is almost perfect, the way it should of been. Thank you.

My only issue with the modded game is the frequency of star systems. I'm playing single player, and to reduce slow-down and game length have opted for a small galaxy. Problem is that the small galaxy is full of star systems. Just started a new game and I have about 19 empty systems all within reach - http://img27.localhost-textreplaced/img ... fstars.jpg
Personal taste, but I just think it’s too many.

I've tried looking at Gowrons post on changing star frequency at start up, but I simply can’t work it out! I’ve looked here http://www.members.aon.at/zelli/shiplist.htm too, and again can’t work it out. I've also downloaded the Ultimate Editor to see if that did it, but although it’s great at editing just about everything else in the game sadly it can’t do starting conditions (that I can see??).

Does anyone have a modified stbotf.res file that has reduced star frequency, but leaving everything else in the mod the same?
(Curiously, what’s the default value in the mod for small systems anyway?)

Also, is any way (again, for noobs) of increasing the number of minor races when starting a small galaxy?

Thanks for your time.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

It has been 2 weeks since dev 1 release, I would like to hear some final thought before I begin editting for dev 2.

here is my list of changes to make;

card TT build images and turn model around
dom attack fighter build image
klin heavy scout build image
add wormoles
adjust AI build requierments
check all starting buildings
maquis and bajor and cordian buildings mixed up
new feds ship list and models
edit research requirments
adjust effect gifts to minors
fix cards scanner
replace alt res
complete sounds for alt res (hope by final release)
Added option during install for large map "extended view"

new fed ship line up;

ship class year commissioned
Intrepid heavy scout 2370

Oberth scout I 2270
Centaur scout II 2330
Saber scout III 2365

Norway heavy destroyer I 2365
Defiant Heavy destroyer II 2370

Miranda destroyer I 2260
Soyuz destroyer II 2278
Miranda refit destroyer III 2285

Akira Heavy cruiser I 2365
Prometheus Heavy cruiser II 2375

Constitution cruiser I 2245
Excelsior cruiser II 2284

Steamrunner heavy strike 2365

Elite strike I 2284
Nebula strike II 2357

Sovereign dreadnought 2372

Constellation command I 2284
Ambassador command II 2330
Galaxy command III 2360
Galaxy II command IV 2360

@corestandeven,

this could be done but you would need to hex edit trek.exe.

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
exceL
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by exceL »

As people had already mentioned earlier, research IS a tad slow...but that's just my opinion. Someone also mentioned the problem with the deep space array for the Cardies (the deep space array upgrade from 2 scan range to 0 :o), which was a huuuuge problem in my game against a war against the Klingon-Romulan-Federation war on 2 fronts. Other than those two, I think the updates were awesome! I did like how in the previous UDM, the AI would start massing dreadnoughts from the beginning of the game; however, after research was altered, it takes about 140-160 turns for the AI to begin massing dreadnoughts and advanced starships, which, by that time, their fleets are already pretty large, so they build less advanced starships and dreadnoughts until they have to start replacing ships (at least this is what I've seen).

Oh, one more thing (I was really against this initially, but I got used to it) I didn't like is, the way minor races advances. Like I've said though, I've gotten used to it and in some ways, I like how it takes longer for them to advance (I will say that I DO like the changes with diplomacy), but I'm just curious as to what others think about the minor race advancement adjustments :)

I have a couple questions though - not really UDM related...I don't think

1 - In playing UDML as the Cardies around turn...200 (I could be off, I don't remember)? The Dominion, Klingons, and the Federation had over 150 ships each, and I only had about 40 ships leftover trying to take over the Romulans because I needed to expand. After having a non-aggression pact for about 5 turns with the Feds and Klingons (which let me take over 3 Romulan systems), the Feds and the Klingons both declared war on me again. 10-15 turns had passed, and neither race had sent any ships to invade my territory; but prior to the non-aggression pact, their ships were all over my territory, bombing the heck out of me, so I had found it weird that nobody was doing anything against me. Because of my curiosity, I decided to reload the game with the -Mudd extension, and check what the Klingons and the Federation was so caught up for. To my surprise, the Feds, Klingons, and Dominion each had less than 30 ships. I guess the most probable reason is that those 3 races fought each other, and in turn, voila...However, the Doms were at peace with the Feds, and for the Dominion (which usually builds 75% fast attacks) to wipe out ~300+ ships with only half that fleet size doesn't seem very likely, but of course, I could be wrong...just wondering if anyone else had experienced something like this?

2 - I was also wondering outta curiosity what the major causes for the turns to process so slowly - ie. fleet sizes, number of colonies, events that turn? I'm assuming they ALL contribute to it, but I find that one turn could be extremely slow, and the next turn is surprisingly quick. At one point, most AI ships were destroyed, and only my fleet of about 150 ships were left. At turn ~300, it was still pretty slow, and suddenly, as soon as I had wiped out an empire, the next 50 turns went by like it was only turn 30.

EDIT - I just remembered about your shiplist adjustments: I, personally, would like to be able to build both the Akira and Prometheus class. I've always liked the Akira class, and it I liked how I could mass Akira classes with only a few Prometheus classes, as it seemed how ST was (well, to be completely realistic, ST only showed one Prometheus class, right? And that was in Voyager).

Return to “Modding Information Archive”