Ultimate Dominion Mod III - Beta Info

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Turner,

ship scale can be changed in a couple ways, the old way by hex editing exe or now UE will do it (but I have not tried it yet).

thunderchero
siggi
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by siggi »

In the course of utilizing the recent breakthroughs regarding the shiplist and ship functionality, we are planning to add even some more new ships to the game. The Klingons will get a good deal of new toys, and we are going to lose the last few remaining vanilla models... ;-).

As a small (and early preview), you may want to check out the following screenshots.

This is what will be the Federation Liberator-class Heavy Transport. Note that the model still needs texturing! ;-)

It is derived in part from the Steamrunner-class and is intended to liberate and pacify systems unduly occupied by hostile forces. It is much better shielded than any other Federation transport and even has its own weapons to defend itself from attackers until it reaches its destination. To get there quickly, the Liberator is equipped with powerful engines, enabling it to roam the Galaxy with a speed of two sectors/turn. The marines troops onboard are well-trained elite forces (no pun intended) and can manage even the strongest opposition once landed on the site of action.

So stay tuned for this and much more that is to come. ;-)

Cheers,
Siggi
...of course, this was also true at the Birth of the Federation...

http://www.4shared.com/dir/2718319/cd23df1/sharing.html
Wraith
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Wraith »

Can you please add the Achilles class from Dominion Wars? :?: :?: :?:
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Wraith wrote:Can you please add the Achilles class from Dominion Wars? :?: :?: :?:
I doubt if it will be added due to it's a future model and non cannon

but keep in mind soon it should be easier to add ships with DCER's UE editor also the Achilles is available here: viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=9
if you want to added it yourself.

thunderchero
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

this is probably the best mod ive ever payed. 10/10 and its not even done yet. top notch stuff guys :P
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Here's a suggestion of something I'd like to see. How about using (don't know the class name) the submarine looking vessel where the TOS crew found Khan as the Federation colony ship? Maybe just as the colony I ship? Anyway that would be a neat addition IMO. :)

PS. Is something wrong with the quick reply box? I typed all of the above there and it wouldn't post. Gave me the "message is to short, not 25 characters" message. Even though it is obviously more then 25 characters.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

eber3 wrote:Here's a suggestion of something I'd like to see. How about using (don't know the class name) the submarine looking vessel where the TOS crew found Khan as the Federation colony ship? Maybe just as the colony I ship? Anyway that would be a neat addition IMO. :)

PS. Is something wrong with the quick reply box? I typed all of the above there and it wouldn't post. Gave me the "message is to short, not 25 characters" message. Even though it is obviously more then 25 characters.
DY-100

specifically the "SS Botany Bay"

Botany bay.......oh no.....veve got to get out ov here.....

:P
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
Turner
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Turner »

thunderchero wrote: ship scale can be changed in a couple ways, the old way by hex editing exe or now UE will do it (but I have not tried it yet).
I haven't found such a function in UE(0.65), so hexediting seems to be the only way for that.

Another question I have is about the AI behaviour of certain ship types in UDM3. In my last game I was attacked by the Federation AI with about 30 Excelsiors, but only 2 Constellations and one Ambassador. I think there should be a more regular allocation of cruisers, destroyer and battleships and I hope you can do this in the next version or tell me how to do that.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

tatical crash see below
-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Sat Jul 19 20:13:31 2008

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\sfx.cpp, Line: 1300, healthRatio <= 1.0
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1216358221
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 37
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

Another suggestion, now that you have unlimited ships, how about replacing the Fed destroyer I with the NX class ship? That, along with my earlier suggestion for the DY-100 (thanks Jon boy) would be real neat additions to the game.

Btw, I have yet to find all the easter eggs in your mod but several have really pleased me. I really liked the Sphere builder tech you gave the Xindi. Nice touch. :) I am enjoying this mod immensely.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Tethys wrote:tatical crash see below
-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Sat Jul 19 20:13:31 2008

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\ui\tactical\sfx.cpp, Line: 1300, healthRatio <= 1.0
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 1 Starting Seed: 1216358221
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 37
were you able to replay battle without crash?
and what ships were involved?
was this at start of combat or had you done a few turns already?
eber3 wrote:Another suggestion, now that you have unlimited ships, how about replacing the Fed destroyer I with the NX class ship? That, along with my earlier suggestion for the DY-100 (thanks Jon boy) would be real neat additions to the game.

Btw, I have yet to find all the easter eggs in your mod but several have really pleased me. I really liked the Sphere builder tech you gave the Xindi. Nice touch. I am enjoying this mod immensely.
not sure if we will put in NX class ship or DY-100 due to they would be too early of ship for dominion war. but norway is coming back and is a very nice looking ship.

Glad to hear you are enjoying mod and have you ran across borg sphere or Species 8472?

thunderchero
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Hi all

This is my first post so hope I don't break any rules

Love UDM 3.0 G, was one of first to download and run a LAN at home with 4 PCs on it. My son 24 and daughter 16 both play so we can enjoy 2 or 3 player games without hassle of internet connection

Noticed from other posts that UDM 3.0 H doesn't seem very stable. So far in my experience UDM 3.0 G is at least as stable as Vanilla so would be interested if using latest .exe makes H as stable as G??

Was using UDM 2.1.6 before and really love what you guys have done to improve game further.

One thing I don't like (sorry) is the use of continuous bars to show allocation of population to production in the Federation GUI. I prefer to see at a glance exactly how many population units that I have allocated to each area.

I know that I could probably go and change the graphics files back to original style, but just wondered if I was the only person who felt this way??

Another thing!!

While using UDM 2.1.6 and previous versions, I was fed up with having to put up with Ferengi GUI and voices, so started to design my own Dominion GUI and have probably got around half way through.

I took stills from DS9 episodes to try to get real flavour of Dominion ship consoles and adapt the Ferengi interface to this style. I also used images from one of Michael and Denise Okuda's fine encyclopaedias as a guide.

If anyone's interested and can tell me what file size images need to be and how to post them, I can show you samples of work done so far.

If anyone likes what I've done, it should be quite easy to incorporate in UDM 3.0.

Pigman
Tavor
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Tavor »

Hi everyone,

two days ago we met the sphere in a multiplayergame, but she did nothing just hanging around over one system. and 8472? well, as cardassian i just said hello and they answered. no fight at all, but a friend of mine as federation was killed. don´t know if that has something to do with federation.

nice mod at all.

greetings :D
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Please find my sample Dominion screens as mentioned in earlier post

I believe I'm around halfway or maybe a bit further through doing complete Dominion GUI but stopped at this point a few months back.

Would appreciate genuine (even if brutal views) to know whether it's worth finishing.

BTW the above screen shots are from UDM 3.0 G with my graphics and it works just fine.

Would appreciate feedback (even insulting)

Pigman
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Pigman,

The bordering looks good, And some of art work is good too. But dont like buttons. siggi is the one that take care of GUI, and it has not been worked on in a while, so wait to see what he might say maybe you could set up borders and art work while he does buttons? He could also supply some better dominion icons.

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”