Surrender code?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Post Reply
User avatar
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 am

Surrender code?

Post by Martok »

While it's extremely rare -- I've only seen it happen to me a couple times (and when I say a couple, I mean literally only 2-3 times in the 11+ years I've been playing this game) -- I know that the AI-controlled empires can, on rare occasions, surrender to you.

I was just wondering, have any of you experts (DCER, SCT, Gowron, Peter, etc.) ever found any of the code governing the AI's surrender behavior? And if so, did you have ever discover how to alter it?

I mainly ask because if there was a way to get the AI to surrender a little more easily, it seems to me that that would enhance BOTF's gameplay. If the AI were able to "recognize the inevitable" a bit sooner, you wouldn't have to conquer every bloody star system an enemy empire owns, long past the point at which they could put any sort of meaningful resistance anyway.



I've never seen anyone post about this, so I'm guessing the answer to my question is "no", but I thought I'd ask anyway. I figured it doesn't hurt to inquire! :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
User avatar
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Posts: 6527
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:00 am
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.
Contact:

Post by thunderchero »

A screenshot would be nice :wink:

I don't think I have ever seen this, I have seen many time all remaining races surrender due to victory conditions.

thunderchero
User avatar
Lathon
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Lathon »

Weren't graphics found for the surrender buttons and the like?
User avatar
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Martok »

thunderchero wrote:A screenshot would be nice :wink:

I concur.

Unfortunately, the last time I encountered this phenomenon was at least three years ago (if not more), which of course was long before when I learned how to take & upload screenshots. So barring my being able to travel back in time and teach my past self how to post screenies, I'm afraid I'm stuck waiting for the next time it occurs -- and gods only knows how long that will be! :P



thunderchero wrote:I don't think I have ever seen this, I have seen many time all remaining races surrender due to victory conditions.

thunderchero

Which is funny, because I don't think I've ever seen that myself. Of course, I usually only play to the 60% mark (and to be honest, I often quit campaigns before getting even that far!), so perhaps that's why?




Anyway, if/when I encounter another empire surrendering to me, I'll be sure to put up pics so you can see them. (It might be a long wait, though!) :)
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
User avatar
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:00 am
Location: England

Post by Peter1981 »

@martok are you meaning in single or multiplayer? are you talking about a domination or vendetta game?

in single player domination see this thread

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1331
User avatar
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Martok »

Peter1981 wrote:@martok are you meaning in single or multiplayer? are you talking about a domination or vendetta game?

This is happening in single-player games in domination mode.



Peter1981 wrote:in single player domination see this thread

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1331

Yeah, I've seen that thread before. However, I didn't find any mention of any sort of "surrender code".
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
User avatar
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander
Posts: 227
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Army37 »

I've only seen once it if I'm not mistaken in the original unmoded version of the game and because I destroyed the other 3 empires but maybe I'm mistaken.
User avatar
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:00 am
Location: England

Post by Peter1981 »

Do you mean when the they offer you galactic domination?
User avatar
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master
Posts: 876
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:00 am

Re: Surrender code?

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Martok wrote:I mainly ask because if there was a way to get the AI to surrender a little more easily, it seems to me that that would enhance BOTF's gameplay. If the AI were able to "recognize the inevitable" a bit sooner, you wouldn't have to conquer every bloody star system an enemy empire owns, long past the point at which they could put any sort of meaningful resistance anyway.
Check out Gowrons post in my topic, linked by Peter1981 (for surrender of all AI empires).


Martok wrote:
thunderchero wrote:I don't think I have ever seen this, I have seen many time all remaining races surrender due to victory conditions.

thunderchero
Which is funny, because I don't think I've ever seen that myself. Of course, I usually only play to the 60% mark (and to be honest, I often quit campaigns before getting even that far!), so perhaps that's why?



Anyway, if/when I encounter another empire surrendering to me, I'll be sure to put up pics so you can see them.
There is no code for surrender of certain AI majors, nor any lexicon entry, and also your first post reads as if you're refering to the standard popup where you can accept surrender of all remaining AI empires(domination victory):
Martok wrote:I know that the AI-controlled empires can, on rare occasions, surrender to you.
Martok wrote:Yeah, I've seen that thread before. However, I didn't find any mention of any sort of "surrender code".
It's just a synonym. You get the surrender popup (with accept/continue option) if the domination victory condition is met. :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
User avatar
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 am

Post by Martok »

Okay, to clarify:

I know what guys are talking about in regards to the "all empires submit to you -- declare victory or continue?" pop-up. However, that's not what I'm referring to.


What's happened to me a couple times is that a single AI-controlled empire has surrendered to me. Both times it happened, it was the Cardassians -- the first time it happened, I was playing as the Federation, and the second time I was playing as the Romulans. (I seem to recall there was also a third time where that happened, but admittedly I might have only imagined it.)

Both times the Cards surrendered, I received a message from them. It was something along the lines of, "We realize we no longer have the strength/ability to oppose you, and so we capitulate/acknowledge your dominance over us." (I'm paraphrasing, of course; the words used may have been entirely different, but that was the "feel" of the message they sent me.) The same turn I received that message, I noticed all remaining Cardassian star systems were now sporting the colors & insignia of my faction (Feds & Roms). I also received the "This day will be long remembered. The Cardassian Union has fallen" message.
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker
Posts: 2278
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:00 am
Location: the 36th Chamber

Post by KrazeeXXL »

I think I've seen this b4. But afair I clicked "no" as I wanted to crush the enemy :lol:

could come in handy while playing feds :D
User avatar
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1118
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 2:00 am
Location: England

Post by Peter1981 »

Lexicon index 247 is
Every major government has admitted our galactic dominance. Shall we accept their surrender?
[CFHKR]diplomt.tbl indexs 118, 119, 120 seem to be related.

kdiplomt.tbl index 118 is
We must put an end to this war. If you will accept these terms, we will surrender.
IIRC surrender is an multiplayer option only and then only for human player, AI's are expected to fight to the bitter end.
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander
Posts: 283
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 am

Re: Surrender code?

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Martok, that's a really unique discovery. I never received that message since buying botf way back in 2002 though I've seen the text for it in UE.

Maybe there's certain criteria you have to meet, but I'd never know. I usually try to subjugate all the Cardassian worlds asap so they can't sabotage me and get the eliminate an empire bonus. :twisted:
User avatar
Martok
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 2:00 am

Re: Surrender code?

Post by Martok »

KrazeeXXL wrote:I think I've seen this b4. But afair I clicked "no" as I wanted to crush the enemy :lol:

That must be something different then, becuase I didn't have the option to refuse the Cardassians' surrender. I simply received a message informing me they were surrendering to me.




JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Martok, that's a really unique discovery. I never received that message since buying botf way back in 2002 though I've seen the text for it in UE.

Well like I said, it appears to be extremely rare, so I'm not surprised you haven't seen it. I'm honestly amazed I've even seen it the one time, let alone twice.


JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Maybe there's certain criteria you have to meet, but I'd never know.

Yeah, I'm sure a surrender can only occur under very specific conditions. I'm still curious as to whether anyone other than the Cardassians can surrender, since I've only seen it happen with them.


JeanLucPicard1 wrote:I usually try to subjugate all the Cardassian worlds asap so they can't sabotage me and get the eliminate an empire bonus. :twisted:

Well I still got the eliminated empire bonus, so that's no impediment. :wink:
"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal
Post Reply

Return to “Modding Information Archive”