Editing the number of buildings in a system

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Tachyonfang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Editing the number of buildings in a system

Post by Tachyonfang »

I saw a post about this once a while back, but I haven't seen anything about it since so I thought I would ask again.
Is there a function in UE that allows someone to edit the number of buildings (i.e., change 0 farms to 50 farms) that are present in a system? I know that it can be done via a hex editor but my attempts to do so have not met with success-I don't seem to be doing it correctly. UE is a great piece of work, and I was wondering if a function like this had been added yet?

Thanks again!
--Tachyonfang
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Yes!

Get the latest dev version, open a saved game - the option is found in Edit->Systems
Tachyonfang
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

The number of buildings in a system

Post by Tachyonfang »

I thought I had the latest version- UE 0.7.0b What is the latest version now? Is it available in the downloads? I only see the version that I already have.

Update: Sry I was a little thick-I found a newer version UE 0.7.1dev13a.zip Is this the latest dev version?
--Tachyonfang
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

The forum download is normally updated with last stable versions. (needs to be updated)

But he is talking about the developmental version these are pron to have some bugs and or errors for experimental testing of new features.

you should check "DCER" signature for his link to his 4 shared for any newer files.

thunderchero
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

I should have explained better, thankfully thunderchero stepped in.

Yes, UE 0.7.1dev13a.zip is the latest dev version.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”