Ship name downloads

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Ship name downloads

Post by Darth_Windu »

Hi all,

I think we can all agree that the generic ship names in BotF, particularly for the Romulans and Klingons, are pretty bad. Therefore, I've been making custom ship name lists and then started to wonder if there was any resource at this site to simply download said ship names as a txt file and do a quick delete & import into UE. For those making new mods, it would save quite a bit of time.

Anyway I wondered two things - firstly has this already been done, and secondly if not, would it be useful for me to upload the files?
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Re: Ship name downloads

Post by Mentat »

If i recall correctly, I have been changing the names for most Empires and Minors ships for UDM3. Though not all those names are canon, they are not quite as cheesy as the original names used in BOTF. Those shipnames without a canon background are taken from various speculative ST sites, but thats still better then anything we had before.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

a database of importable ship names in a standardised format like:

EMPIRE_ERA_CLASS.txt
i.e.
FED_TNG_Galaxy.txt
KLI_TMP_B'rel.txt

so that seperate classes can be imported et al..?
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

Yeah exactly Peter. So you can delete the names of a class that are already there, and simply import the new file. I formed my lists from Memory Beta which has some really good lists.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

try sending a pm to one of the administrators as .txt files are quite small i'm sure there is space to house them on this site.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”