Preventing auto-upgrading

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Preventing auto-upgrading

Post by Darth_Windu »

Hi folks,

I've looked over the old topic here - viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=19076#19076 - about preventing auto-upgrading, and it seems to do the job I want it to. However in said topic, people were discussing the possibility of making ships obselete. So lets say that you have Destroyer I and Destroyer II. When Destroyer II comes onto the market, a different ship not an upgrade, you cease to be able to build Destroyer I.

Has any more progress been made with this at all?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Preventing auto-upgrading

Post by Tethys »

Ive been experimenting with it. Seems to work good, but my setup is a bit complex, as I have ships that 'upgrade' from destroyers to cruisers and vice versa, but ships do not upgrade, you keep the old ships, but no longer buildable in list.

Use SCT code.
Set the upgrade and test.

Should work, good luck
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Tethys wrote:Ive been experimenting with it. Seems to work good, but my setup is a bit complex, as I have ships that 'upgrade' from destroyers to cruisers and vice versa, but ships do not upgrade, you keep the old ships, but no longer buildable in list.

Use SCT code.
Set the upgrade and test.

Should work, good luck
Actually your Miranda Class ships are listed as cruisers not as destroyers (except for the Soyuz class) and they upgrade to other cruisers classes.
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Ive actually just changed this today, made a Miranda destroyer as well as a cruiser, exaclty equal stats, but one is good for raiding.
Army37
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Army37 »

Tethys wrote:Ive actually just changed this today, made a Miranda destroyer as well as a cruiser, exaclty equal stats, but one is good for raiding.
Hehehe nice to know...destroyers were kindda missing in the lower tech levels...that's why I added the Akula and Saladin classes and their TMP refits in your mod. I found that there was a huge gap from tech level 4 to tech level 11 and that most ships were available after tech 11.

The thing is....I don't know....the game is kindda slow to process a turn with the AI building so many ships (had 588 romulan ships coming my way at some point)
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Lol, 588 ships thats quite a fleet. I did meddle around in some code the other day and I made it so they only build about half as many. The Large map (for me) takes a few seconds to turn from turn 1, yeah its a big map, but not much bigger then the Medium size which processes turns immediately (so to speak).

Return to “Modding Information Archive”