New Borq Mod (My First Mod)

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Mumby
Ensign
Ensign

New Borq Mod (My First Mod)

Post by Mumby »

Been working on it for afew hours, and I'm ready to test it out(but not gonna release it until I finish it and get permission from ship designers)... I've turned all the random event vessel's into borg vessel's (BTW Dr Breen your ship pack made this possible) and turned the edo, and talarians into borg minors (Gonna add more after I test it out, the sheliak, and afew other hostile minors)... The borg minors I set to highest possible unrest levels to make them near impossible to keep in an empire... But I am new to EU and have many limitions... I wanna change the picture for the edo and talarians but dont know how(hence why I havent made the other borg minors)... I was wonder if I could give any of the other random event ships the same assimilating powers as the originial cube?... For some reason the Calamarain cloud won't let me add anew borg ship texture for it...

In closing I really need some help to finish this mod and I was hoping for answer to these and my future question... Thanks in advance
Last edited by Mumby on Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: New Borq Mod (My First Mod)

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Mumby,

1. how to edit race images; in race view you will see under image a dropdown box in the box is the file name used for that race. tamarian.tga is the file used by Tamarian's. just extract that file and edit to image the way you want and save as 16bit tga then use UE to add the edited file back into res file.

2. giving other randoms assimilating powers I do not think would be easy (if possible at all)

3. some randoms are very special. Calamarain uses special hobs and code for the way it acts. Same for Gomtuu, Tarellian, Husnock, Echo Papa 607, Crystal Entity and Chodak they each have there own code on how they act.

4. as for changing minors into Borg assimilated races they would not be able to act as a group but would be indendent races and unable to assimilate systems.

sorry to give you nothing but bad news. As many has found out even editing any major race into Borg has many problems too.

thunderchero
Mumby
Ensign
Ensign

Re: New Borq Mod (My First Mod)

Post by Mumby »

Will the offensive stats I gave to the Tarellian ship work? I figure atleast the Tarellians and Crystaline entity could destroy planets... So far I've only found the combat drone version of the borg and it worked just as I hoped...

4. as for changing minors into Borg assimilated races they would not be able to act as a group but would be indendent races and unable to assimilate systems

Yeah I figured as much, but I hate the borg having transportes. I was hoping with edo as a unimatrix, the other random ships textured like borq (plus tarellians offensive stats), and afew agressive minors as borg minors; the game could have a sixth empire feel

Return to “Modding Information Archive”