Weird CTD no log

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Weird CTD no log

Post by Tethys »

Trying to sign an alliance with any major power CTD upon clicking Send. No crash log. At first I thought it might be the open borders mod for open borders during peacetime, but when I changed it back I still got the CTD. Might not like the save game, so I am going to test a new game and see if I can reproduce the error.

Confirmed, the open borders mod had no effect, still crashing upon clicking Send :(

Also, it may/may not be related but when exiting the game trek.exe errors out, I think it might have something to do with closing out the current game state because even when I load an existing save game after already initiating a game, trek.exe errors out and I have to restart the game to get it to load the game I want. No Log on this either. I dont know where to look :?:
Not for the weak of heart...
GALM <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: Weird CTD no log

Post by thunderchero »

I am guessing this is galaxy mod but it sounds like an improprerly inputed code or 2 codes that are conflicting. also if changes were made after game was started the save may not work (but you should know that).

I hope you have a recent backup to test if problem goes away.

what code changes have you made?

thunderchero
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

There's no telling TC I hardly keep track of the codes I change anymore (which I probably should do)

I have a backup from a month or so ago, I will test and see how that goes. Worse comes to worst I'll just have to do some leg work :P

Also I did test in a new game, same result.

The ones I remember are:
SP chatbox (unchecked)
Open Border (checked)
Starbase/Outpost territory extension (unchecked)
there may be more.
Not for the weak of heart...
GALM <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Tethys wrote:There's no telling TC I hardly keep track of the codes I change anymore (which I probably should do)

yes you should keep a detailed list.

thunderchero
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

tc is right. could be anything and it'll take a time to extrapolate.

Reminds me of an error I had with UDM3. It just happened with one and the same minor race. So whenever they send me some treaty and I wanted to click "accept" in F5 menu > crash while sound stuttering. Switched off sound for this event and it worked. :roll:

So what I wanted to say is, that it doesn't even must've something to do with your changes. As it could be one of BotF's own quirks. ;)

Return to “Modding Information Archive”