Renaming Ships

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Borealis999
Ensign
Ensign

Renaming Ships

Post by Borealis999 »

Hello,

I have had a good browse and search, but I am unable to find anything. I would like to know if it is possible to rename the ships in each class. I have the "All The Ages" mod and have found that I have two ship with the same name and suffix letter but are of different classes. I just want to make sure I have lots of individual names for the separate classes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank You,

Borealis999
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Renaming Ships

Post by Tethys »

Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

If it helps, I've also written up a list of names for most classes of ship in files that can be imported into the name lists using UE.
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

Hello Borealis999,

Using UE (Ultimate Editor) it is possible to Edit ship names for each class of ship to do this load stbof.res i UE then select

EDIT -> SHIPS -> SHIP NAMES

use the drop down box to select each group, add to enter new names, edit to change an entry. In the current developement of UE you can also Import a ship name list this is in .txt format.

SCT (Spock's-Cuddly-Tribble) has also done a modification/code clean-up of the ship names code. see here

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1622&p=30019&sid=85 ... 267#p30019

However not sure if you want to change the name of a ship in a saved game (.sav file) UE looks like it may one day contain this feature in the galaxy map view however it is not an implemented feature yet.

hope this helps. Thanks for your questions :)

Return to “Modding Information Archive”