Daedalus or Kelvin?

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Daedalus or Kelvin?

Daedalus
42%
Kelvin
58%

Total votes: 12

Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Daedalus or Kelvin?

Post by Darth_Windu »

Hi folks,

I'm creating a mod at the moment (very close to beta testing) that goes all the way from the NX-01 to the USS Prometheus, but I'm not sure what to do for an early Destroyer. This ship appears after the NX class but before the Constitution class. Do I use the Daedalus or Kelvin?

The Daedalus is the most famous ship to never appear in Star Trek, aside from a model in Sisko's office, and it really looks the part.

The Kelvin doesn't look as good, but since it appears as the Narada comes through the time portal thing, we can assume there was a 'prime universe' equivalent. Plus, if I used the Kelvin it would mean there were ships from literally every series and film in Star Trek.

Thoughts?
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Daedalus or Kelvin?

Post by Tethys »

Put them both in and set the upgrades so that way players can choose which ships they want to research. Yeah it will eat up model slots, but its a damn good idea, I just haven't tested it.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1328&p=18737&hilit= ... 51e#p18737
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

Daedalus looks more like a surveyor and since you want a destroyer I'd go for Kelvin.

Imo Kelvin looks good but that's a matter of personal taste. It is one of the few things I like about the new movie. The Daedalus looks kinda flashlight xD ... Reminds me a bit of 2001: A Space Odysey, tho.
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

I vote for the Kelvin. This design reminds me of star fleet command. Don't get me wrong I still dislike the idea of an alternate time-line to re-(ab-)use the franchise.
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

Hmm, the Kelvin is getting a bit of love. I have to say I'm leaning towards using her instead of the daedalus.

Tethys - sounds interesting, but I've already removed automatic ship upgrades. Then again I guess I could just have them set as the same stats and available at the same time, so people can choose whether to build one or the other... Just have to figure out the best way to get rid of both options at the appropriate time :)

Return to “Modding Information Archive”