Random Events Message Error

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Random Events Message Error

Post by Peter1981 »

Just been playing a game of BotF and I got the gain 3000 credits random event.

Anyway message came up and I was very happy that the guy who died in Dytalix B gave the Fedz 3000 Credits. anyway I was looking at the turn summary info and i clicked on the entry by mistake and the window poped up again and informed me that this time the merchant was from Tellar. I thought that was odd so I checked again and this time he was from Sol, and again Morka...

Not sure if this is of much uses to anyone just noting a slightly annoying glitch. I'm thinking the code is just calling for a new random star system name, from your empires existing star systems, each time the message pops up. So if this helps anyone I'm happy for you :D
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Re: Random Events Message Error

Post by Tethys »

Ive never noticed, I dont even think I recall getting an estate more than 2 or 3 times in the 12 years of playing...
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Re: Random Events Message Error

Post by Peter1981 »

I've not had it very often, but just posted for infomation, it's possibly the same for other similar events but comet strike is always the same. Which suggests that some infomation is store and other info isn't... so just another example of incomplete programming form the guys at Microprose.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”