Crash at turn "System is not dest or source of trade route"

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

mjwx
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Crash at turn "System is not dest or source of trade route"

Post by mjwx »

Just making a post in case this happens to someone else (I found nothing on Google).

Game would crash during the transition to the next turn.
Crash log output looks like this.

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\game\solarapi.c, Line: 2792, System is not dest or source of trade route
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 3 Starting Seed: 1323128042
Galaxy shape: 1 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 171

Cause:
For some reason the name of the Romulan Empire was erased in Auto.sav and Last.sav. I found blanks spaces where the Empire Name and Empire title should be in UE.

Fix:
Use UE to restore the correct name of the Romulan empire in Auto.sav. The name is under "Edit -> Game -> Empire Info" in UE, scroll to the empire that's missing the name and replace it. I'm pretty sure the name needs to be exact or the game will still crash, I copy/pasted the names from a previous working saved game.

I think the underlying cause may have been the fact I re-arranged some systems in Turn 0 using the UE.
xDx
Commander
Commander

Re: Crash at turn "System is not dest or source of trade rou

Post by xDx »

There is a thread for crash logs and solutions in modding section. You can find it here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1112&sid=aa6106fbc5 ... 02c9920552. Most times I would recommend google if trying to find something, but in this case start here with crash logs and if nothing matches post it and someone will reply :wink: I wish you luck in continuing with your BotF modding :)
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR

Return to “Modding Information Archive”