Auto Build Function

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

EnPhreg
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Auto Build Function

Post by EnPhreg »

is there any will to get the auto build function for the colony building list functioning?
at the moment, if you use this option, the ai doesn't build focussed nor in a specific way like military (ships), intel or science. it would be a great help for games on great maps with alot of stars to automatise some of the owned colonys.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Re: Auto Build Function

Post by Flocke »

you're not the only one waiting for such a feature, I'm sure it can be done but I've not the time to give it a try and have not seen progress on this by others yet either :roll:
EnPhreg
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by EnPhreg »

i'm just wondering, why nobody tried to solve this problem, because i think this function would be very useful and could save a lot of time instead to all those cosmetic changes. so many things are implemented in the past years (look at this wonderful tool Ultimate Editor), but this thing never seemed important enough to be handled by anyone.
:(

maybe there is anywhere a thread here in the forum about this function?? i searched, but didn't find anything.
Dr_Breen
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Dr_Breen »

Fixing this issue means to mess with the compilled trek.exe
there's only like 3 people here who know how to do that
Public BotF / EF2 Teamspeak 3 Server: 83.169.13.55
EnPhreg
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by EnPhreg »

yeah, i know that.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

EnPhreg wrote:i'm just wondering, why nobody tried to solve this problem...but this thing never seemed important enough to be handled by anyone....
It's not about trying. It's about what's a realistic project and what not (in terms of required time). :wink:
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

That definitly IS a realistic project, but for c++ not asm. It requires alot time though, but for sure (I feel sure) wouldn't require a tenth of work I've done on mpr++, that project I'd have called unrealistic. :lol:
A global menu to organize task priority for autobuild like %research %military etc would be cool, too.
What might be a big problem is multiplayer, but I can't tell about without having tried and you can't expect me to do so any soon, sry, maybe QD is willing to try. :)

Return to “Modding Information Archive”