Enterprise ERA

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

otti
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Enterprise ERA

Post by otti »

Hi guys, firstly id like to say thanks to all the people that have breathed a new lease of life to my most loved game ever.

Just a quick question to the people who clearly have a lot more brains than me when it comes to modding etc. does anybody plan to release an Enterprise mod or a ship pack to use with the new UE (which by the way is an awesome program)?
jigalypuff
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by jigalypuff »

there are a fair few enterprise era ships available already. Colonies mod has some, and there are a few minor race ships to be had as well.
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

jigalypuff wrote:there are a fair few enterprise era ships available already. Colonies mod has some, and there are a few minor race ships to be had as well.
The problem is that I can't use the Ship Packs for the Colony 3 Mod (127 pallet problem and don't know how to reduce it) and vice versa can't use the ships from the Colony 3 Mod in the UDM 3 Mod...the game crashes. I've added ships from UCW Mod into the UDM 3 mod but one problem I've encountered is when I rename certain ships and edit the scale to add more models from the ship packs....It won't let me because of the # of phasers....don't know how to edit them using the Editor.

Will there be more ship packs done and how can I make them compatible for the Colony mod or other mods?
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Army40 wrote:The problem is that I can't use the Ship Packs for the Colony 3 Mod (127 pallet problem and don't know how to reduce it)
127 pallet is the max of the game you would need to alter pallet with UE to manully remove pallets that are unused. easy to say but not as easy to do.
Army40 wrote:and vice versa can't use the ships from the Colony 3 Mod in the UDM 3 Mod...the game crashes.
this can be fixed easy with adobe or most editing programs keep track of gif files used extract them with winrar and resize them to 256x256 then add them back into the res file with winrar.
Army40 wrote:but one problem I've encountered is when I rename certain ships and edit the scale to add more models from the ship packs....It won't let me because of the # of phasers....don't know how to edit them using the Editor.
editing phaser is not possible unless you have hot file when model was converted to hob file. replacement is the best way to do it in this case. but you can try editing trek exe to 1 phaser some time this works. but not all the time.
Army40 wrote:Will there be more ship packs done and how can I make them compatible for the Colony mod or other mods?
yes, there are plans for more ship packs Dr_Breen has sent me his models for an upcoming mod and if jig wants to give permission I can create from his mods that would be compatible with other mods as far as texture problem, but phaser problem will still be there.

EDIT; I have found most new 8 phaser models work with 6 phaser models. but add 8 phaser model first then edit trek.exe from 8 to 6 phasers then add 6 phaser model. this also works when model is listed having 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 or 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 slots. I have mixed both types so not sure what works best.

EDIT2; for texture problem I could send you some file that can be used for explosions (all races use same exposions) and this will reduce pallet list by about 20. pm me if you want files and instructions on how to install new files.

hope this helps,

thunderchero
Army40
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Army40 »

thunderchero wrote:
Army40 wrote:The problem is that I can't use the Ship Packs for the Colony 3 Mod (127 pallet problem and don't know how to reduce it)
127 pallet is the max of the game you would need to alter pallet with UE to manully remove pallets that are unused. easy to say but not as easy to do.
Army40 wrote:and vice versa can't use the ships from the Colony 3 Mod in the UDM 3 Mod...the game crashes.
this can be fixed easy with adobe or most editing programs keep track of gif files used extract them with winrar and resize them to 256x256 then add them back into the res file with winrar.
Army40 wrote:but one problem I've encountered is when I rename certain ships and edit the scale to add more models from the ship packs....It won't let me because of the # of phasers....don't know how to edit them using the Editor.
editing phaser is not possible unless you have hot file when model was converted to hob file. replacement is the best way to do it in this case. but you can try editing trek exe to 1 phaser some time this works. but not all the time.
Army40 wrote:Will there be more ship packs done and how can I make them compatible for the Colony mod or other mods?
yes, there are plans for more ship packs Dr_Breen has sent me his models for an upcoming mod and if jig wants to give permission I can create from his mods that would be compatible with other mods as far as texture problem, but phaser problem will still be there.

EDIT; I have found most new 8 phaser models work with 6 phaser models. but add 8 phaser model first then edit trek.exe from 8 to 6 phasers then add 6 phaser model. this also works when model is listed having 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 or 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 slots. I have mixed both types so not sure what works best.

EDIT2; for texture problem I could send you some file that can be used for explosions (all races use same exposions) and this will reduce pallet list by about 20. pm me if you want files and instructions on how to install new files.

hope this helps,

thunderchero
Tks Thunder,

I guess I will wait for the new ship packs to become available...It's just that I started to play with UE this week, make a lot of trials and errors, saw what I could do and couldn't do...enjoyed mixing the ships (having K'tinga's in the Federation fleets to only name it)...Did install the Soyuz ship pack as well..I wanted to see if I could put the NX 01 as well as the Daedalus but it gets way too complicated for me...not saying that I won't try again but hey...Unlike you this is not my turf hehehe

Tks to have taken the time to answer me tho...UE still is a wonderful program to use...just wish I had the time and patience to play with that stuff and create my own ships...gladly there's plenty of guys like you that still keep the dream coming to reality.

Return to “Modding Information Archive”