A true BOTF mod

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

war800
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by war800 »

i think most of them would give you permission, though.

but anyways, i'm really wanting to play this. it sounds like an excellent idea overall :)
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

I had a go at doing a version using the 1.0.3 mod.
it's gone well although because the NX, intreped and the Rom bop from Enterprise are low poly models or something, they don't display properly, (still function ok in the tactical screen so far, in spite of this) and i've had no joy getting a stable original connie ship into the mod either...it either dislays with what looks like the graphics from the voyager intrepid class (puzzling as i've not got it in the mod) or it just crashes the game.

but like i said i'm fairly limited as to what i can do on here :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

stardust wrote:i've had no joy getting a stable original connie ship into the mod either
And that TOS connie from old "Ship install tutorial with 96 available ships with photos" didn't work?
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

that's the one...no dice :(
on vanilla it just crashed to desktop whenever i saw it and if i added it to a mod it'd display the ship but not the right textures for it and even then it was 50:50 weather it'd run or crash.

Firing phasers isn't a problem though, it does that without a problem at least :lol:

but like i said, i really haven't got much of a head for the nitty gritty when it comes to modding.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

stardust wrote:that's the one...no dice :(
on vanilla it just crashed to desktop whenever i saw it and if i added it to a mod it'd display the ship but not the right textures for it and even then it was 50:50 weather it'd run or crash.

Firing phasers isn't a problem though, it does that without a problem at least :lol:

but like i said, i really haven't got much of a head for the nitty gritty when it comes to modding.
sounds like you really need to read the 96 ship Tutorial it is really helpful getting the basics. And look at setting in hob files for the right texture and phasers. Also be sure to download 256x256 gif if it is not already with files.

thunderchero

Return to “Modding Information Archive”