BOTF TORNY

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

BOTF TORNY

Post by jaruler »

If possible can someone look into these:

Equal matched fleets between 8 hc2 and 5 rom battle cruisers and 6 dest 2 and 20 scout 2.

now throughout the game it seesm the klingons alwasy seem to fire first in every round and wasting my fleet before they cn get a shot off.
what gives here is that normal. never noticed it before o ter games but the delay in the roms firing here is a good 2 secs at least by then all the lasers from the HC2 have destroyed my fleet. happens each time with HC2in every battle.

also how exactly des intercept work. should for instance 2 scouts b intercepted if they are 2 spaces in klin territory and only need to move 2 places to be in neurtal blank color, unclamed. so headed for the unclaimed region with one turn to reach it and i still get intercepted by 8 HC2. verifyed by kingy who had them on intercept. happened a few times that did.

thanks chaps
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

easy all,

i did have more hc2 for that battle (but not hear or there)
as for fireing first (or how i see it, is that they got a faster fire rate)
and the intersept, now the way i see it, my ships were faster (speed 3), and a larger class, so that might have some thing to do with it,

but i dont know for sure, but all this did happen (and will happen for a bit longer, :wink: wont it jaruler) as it not over yet

so iam just as lost as jarluer, but i thought it best to put what i see from my side

thanks all
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Hi you both, klingon HC2 have always been very very hard to fight.
I'm not sure about delay, as far I remember crew experience has an influence on the delay, but never tested it.
Additionally, Klingon HC2 have a max beam range of 700.0 and Romulan HC1 600.0, Destroyer2 500.0 and Scout2 just 400.0 so in round one, Klingon might have been in fire range before the Romulan have been able to fire. the values I got from UltimateEditor and are from vanilla 1.0.2
Nothing got changed on the fighting behavior in tournament mod.

For Romulan, fighting isn't the best tactic anyway. ;)
Maybe you can upload a save from turn before such a fight so it's easier to proove your observation.

greets 8)

Edit: Want to add, that Klingon HC2 has a min Beam Range of 90, but Romulan HC 120, so Klingon HC can fire in closer as well as in farther range than Romulan HC1.
Last edited by Flocke on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

Well my theory on who fires first is that one side's battle cruisers simply have a further weapon range than the other....looks like Flocke's beaten me to that one anyway.

As for interception, I know the class of starship (destroyer, cruiser etc) is one deciding factor, as is the crew experience.

Hmm, i think Gowron did a thread on interception, let's go have a looksie...

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopi ... c&start=15

last post in the thread, by Spock's Cuddly Tribble ... (I knew i saw it in one of Gowron's topics) i can't say i understand most of what's been said but there's the mechanics of interception if either of you are interested.
Last edited by stardust on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

thanks all

that makes things a bit clear now, weapon range, god why did i not think of that :idea: , and as for ship exp, i did have better exp as well,

flocke as for a save to upload, when we next play ill ask him about that, as he is very good on the saveing part, he been saving like every few turns, so there will be a save for you

stardust, if there is a post about interception, post the link for us, as we both would like to read that,

thanks for the post guys
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

:lol: how's that for timing, I'd just edited my last post to include the thread.

Well, happy reading.
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

can upload no prob

kingy ships are better experianced and noted the firing ranges but each time before moving my ships remained did fire where they were so ranges in this case they are both in range and even my battle cruisers who has longer range and assulted got taken out before they moved.

also on the intercept

so ships can intercept a fleet before the other fleet has finished there move? like be caught on the 1st space rather than the 2nd which is where they should end up on same turn?

I think from now on i play klingons

kingy what maunovers do you do? a si am thinking maybe that has something with who fires first?
kingy
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by kingy »

Hmmmm depeneds on what, i think will be best at that time

if you keap the best save from the game,
so that we can try it over and over again
with both of us doing diffient moves,
we can check that out,
as i cant remmber what i did for that battle
but i sounds like a good test

Kingy :)