Some thoughts requests on a new mod old mod rejuvenated!

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Some thoughts requests on a new mod old mod rejuvenated!

Post by RSE_Dissy »

Hey, people been requesting UM4 recently, me included!

in UM3, the ferengi are still intact! in UM4 dafedz replaced them with dominion, this is too.. umm... similar to UDM3! So if a newerupdate or multi install version of Ultimate Mod comes on, plz plz plz leave the dominion out? and just have it the normal 5 races?

i'm kinda yearning for a mod with all these wicked new structures + ships + planet mods but keeping the core vanilla races! JBL is making progress with his milkshake mod, and i checked out UCW and BOP... BOP looks great balancing, i wonder if there's any chance to make the ships look good too.. i know theres stability issues, but i really am bored of the vanilla ships they r so ugly!! just want vanilla esq gameplay with pretty lovely new ships!

i'm not a modder myself so this is a plee to modders!! plzzz!?

UCW is great actually, looks really good, tons of new systems, but i cant bring myself to play it alot cuz there's 2 klingon empires!

it's not that realistic

Also the thought came to mind to create a "canon" saved game map.. perhaps in UDM3, with dominion having conquered cardies+given some cardie ships, bajor free, with DS9 in orbit etc..

would be cool!

thoughts?
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Re: Some thoughts requests on a new mod old mod rejuvenated!

Post by jonboylondon »

RSE_Dissy wrote:Hey, people been requesting UM4 recently, me included! in UM3, the ferengi are still intact! in UM4 dafedz replaced them with dominion, this is too.. umm... similar to UDM3! So if a newerupdate or multi install version of Ultimate Mod comes on, plz plz plz leave the dominion out? and just have it the normal 5 races??
Might keeping the Ferengi make UM4 to much like BOP? :wink:
RSE_Dissy wrote:i'm kinda yearning for a mod with all these wicked new structures + ships + planet mods but keeping the core vanilla races! JBL is making progress with his milkshake mod, and i checked out UCW and BOP... BOP looks great balancing, i wonder if there's any chance to make the ships look good too.. i know theres stability issues, but i really am bored of the vanilla ships they r so ugly!! just want vanilla esq gameplay with pretty lovely new ships!?
and you shall have.....just need a few more tweaks and will be ready for full release.....
RSE_Dissy wrote: i'm not a modder myself so this is a plee to modders!! plzzz!? UCW is great actually, looks really good, tons of new systems, but i cant bring myself to play it alot cuz there's 2 klingon empires! it's not that realistic!
Play UCW...... dont refuse to participate in a Mod cause you dont like the idea of two Klingon Empires!!! :cry: They both have different ships and slightly different intel/reasearch wise and this is more like UDM of which you are now a fan......go on :wink:
RSE_Dissy wrote:Also the thought came to mind to create a "canon" saved game map.. perhaps in UDM3, with dominion having conquered cardies+given some cardie ships, bajor free, with DS9 in orbit etc..
would be cool!

thoughts?
Nice idea....i like the idea of a DS9 Map theme but this would require the services of the code masters me thinks.....!!! Also who would be the the other race then? (Ferengi???)

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

UM4 has new ships, BOPs strength is it is very nearly to vanilla! UM4 is very different to BOP, and with ferg as major AI race would retain that difference!

Great news; look forward to your mod man!

Nahh in terms of UCW nahh its just not my cup of tea, i have it, it has potential for an epic 1v1 kling v kling Multiplayer game - but no potential for single player, for me personally.

In a DS9 themed saved game, the idea would be to have the Dominion, but the saved game starts turn 20 or so, with the cardassia conquered (and maybe just 1 small cardassian system still free [damars base] so you can liberate cardassia etc)
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

RSE_Dissy wrote:Nahh in terms of UCW nahh its just not my cup of tea, i have it, it has potential for an epic 1v1 kling v kling Multiplayer game - but no potential for single player, for me personally.
could also go duras/romulan vs gowron/feds 2 vs 2? :wink:

thunderchero
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

how about a mixture.

best of all the mods?

replace borg with dom? and more of them?

i would love a delta mod that worked so maybe having those races in there also? now that we can increase planets i hope we can increase minors?

so minors from vanilla, and new ones plus those used in all mods?

i also like B5 could we have them also?

i like a game where battles are not over in 1 turn and that you have to use ships and tactics to win as they should be used.

lowering damage output and increasing hp of everything is what i like as well as large planets.

a better AI as everything is just too easy and predictable.

am i asking too much? :P

Return to “Modding Information Archive”