Where to start???

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

zorkedup
Ensign
Ensign

Where to start???

Post by zorkedup »

Don't know hex or anything else as far as programmong goes"other than "Basic" {and that was over 10 yr ago},so where and what would be a good place to start if one was interrested in learning to mod?I have some good idea's but know not how. :?:
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

First thing would be to get Ultimate editor and learn everything that it can do. this will take some time.

then it would depend on what you want to edit.

thunderchero
zorkedup
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zorkedup »

Thanx for the pointer in the right direction, I got a copy of UE and then I opened my eye's and saw the "Hex Editor" shortcut in the bottom left under the "Modding" header. So I read it plus the "Modding Program Editing" also. I already have two differant versions of photoshop (guess either will work), but cannot find copy of "Wraith's BotFED editor version 1.4 " as the link doesn't work, probably due to the address having changed or ?. Did a search for it on google,yahoo,ask jeeves and got same results (took me to a web page that was same as that under the"Hex Editor"link.Is there some other place to get it or is there an more up to date program being used now? I also already have winrar and ACDSee. Also would there be anything else besides lots of time andMt.Dew that I may need ? I plan on playing with BotF mostly as far as modding goes.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

none of the programs in that guide are needed. only UE is needed it does every thing all the little programs did and more.

thunderchero
zorkedup
Ensign
Ensign

Post by zorkedup »

Ok, Thanx again for the help, now it looks like have a lot of reading to work on. :D

Return to “Modding Information Archive”