Star Trek: Birth of the Federation MOD

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

sean_west
Commander
Commander

Post by sean_west »

There must be a code somewhere which tells the game what percentage of population a borg ship kills each turn. Ramp this up to 100% and as ketteringdave said, have the planets turn to gas giants, and edit the borg planet sprite to show debris.
Like the bad guy from so many horror films,

I have returned
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

ketteringdave wrote:If the "debris planet" could be made the same class as the gas giants, it would be uninhabitable. I guess the big question is what happens if a system is full of uninhabitable planets?
I suppose the same thing as when the Red Giant goes supernova? I really like the idea of the debris field tho :D
Not for the weak of heart...
Galaxies MOD v0.4.0 <--- GALM/Galaxies Mod latest version
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

OK guys, first to apologise for my absense, family issues and loss of fixed internet have taken me away for far too long

As for a quick update, be aware that the modding team are intending to release a alpha on the 24th of December , that right, just in time for chirstmas!

It will simply be a packed up of whatever we have all gotten upto, mostley the redesigned GUI's and most of the new ships

As it has been rarely mentioned, I have been working on the Federation and Klingon GUI's but i've kept them close as I want to keep you guys a little bit intrested :)

NOTE: I have also updated the first post once again to show the current progress of this project
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Re: Star Trek: Birth of the Federation MOD

Post by ruthlessferengi »

severenth wrote:the multimod installer will offer a 'vanillla' level of game, where as the own installer option will have more options than a candy store for a kid.[/list]
like, being able to change scrap return value numbers and "dilithium" vs "no-dilithium" fix? that would be cool to keep everybody happy... otherwise, look forward to this - small fleets - more stability - smarter play:) i wonder how ai will respond to these changes...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
Peter1981
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by Peter1981 »

looking forward now to christmas can't wait for this one. any thoughts on the doomsday device?
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

The AI will be the baby of JBL, and wont be worked on untill AFTER christmas and the alpha release, and yes, the doomsday device is currently being discussed as the BORG's random event replacement

I would like to point out though that this custom installer is going to be limited at the begining, we dont want to go whole hog into it and find it isn't benifiting the community, but also, I am open to suggestions and options for the installer :)

For example, there will be a strictley Multiplayer Only version of the game, then the Single Player version will have the candy store treats, even ( as it may be the way forward ) a custom launcher so you can just checkbox wants and needs :)
BUT this is still in devlopment, so please dont expect these options from the bat
update pending
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

I'm looking forward to this :) i'll be up for testing it in mp against jbl :twisted:
one question if i may? will the custom installer cause any problems with the multi installer?

roll on christmas :D
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

carcher wrote:I'm looking forward to this :) i'll be up for testing it in mp against jbl :twisted:
one question if i may? will the custom installer cause any problems with the multi installer?

roll on christmas :D
There will be TWO ( 2 ) releases of our mod

1> Multi Installer based
-- -- This will work just like the rest

2> Custom Installer based
-- -- This will NOT work with multi installer versions of the game, as we plan to add a LOT of extras, that ideally need to be kept seperate from the multi installer versions not to mention, it will help us provide a few ' value added playing options '

-- -- There will be however, no extras for the multiplayer, simply because it would be confusing when trying to play a game when not sure what options have been selected or modified
update pending
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

ok sev,that makes sense, thanks for the reply
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D
Damar_72
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Damar_72 »

Great job with this new mod, really incredible the layout of the Gorn and Tholians, great job pigman.
I`m really anxious to "put my hands" in one of these two races....
I was wondering and how about the minors, maybe some of them could be replaced by TOS ones!
What are your ideas?
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

Not heard anything on this for a few months. ??
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

er GUESS NOT then...
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

Sorry I haven't had the time to work on this with school and helping my friend build a website for our clan, doing graphics and diddling around in 3ds Max... I promise that when Breen gets me that Excalibur things should slowly begin to move along again... thanks
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Tethys wrote:Sorry I haven't had the time to work on this with school and helping my friend build a website for our clan, doing graphics and diddling around in 3ds Max... I promise that when Breen gets me that Excalibur things should slowly begin to move along again... thanks
Did you look at post Tethys this mod was started by severenth

LOL

thunderchero
Tethys
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by Tethys »

:O

fail.... lol

im just so busy and i guess that maybe because both of these threads have 7 pages of content, that i easily overlooked the title (somehow) rushing thru to post a reply to a mod that wasnt mine... lmao

Return to “Modding Information Archive”