Star Trek: Birth of the Federation MOD

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

Lets not forget, which ever we go for, YOU the player will be playing to the strengths of your ship in the skirmish
MrD wrote:One thing I noticed: the Miranda does not have the space for a power reactor as big as the Connie, so my personal guess would be less firepower on the Phasers for the Miranda.
dont forget, the miranda is 20 ( or so ) years newer than the constitution, and would ( and will ) benifit from thoses discoverys
Last edited by severenth on Wed May 20, 2009 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending
stardust
Rear-Admiral
Rear-Admiral

Post by stardust »

severenth wrote:Lets not forget, which ever we go for, YOU the player will be playing to the strengths of your ship in the skirmish

[quote="MrD]One thing I noticed: the Miranda does not have the space for a power reactor as big as the Connie, so my personal guess would be less firepower on the Phasers for the Miranda.
dont forget, the miranda is 20 ( or so ) years newer than the constitution, and would ( and will ) benifit from thoses discoverys[/quote][/quote]

Scouting in force....1 scout, 100 cruisers along with it :twisted: :lol:
Computers! [Expletive deleted]

My 4shared folder
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

You are right, I guess.
I forgot to mention that my statement referred to the Constituttion refit.
As I understood it the purpose of the whole refit was to get her up to a mirandastyle standard, including the power systems, weapons shields etc..
They only needed to take her apart completely and put her back together to achieve it. :wink:
But the Constitution as still a lot bigger and when you look at the scematics that warpcore runs down the entire neck of the ship.
And I don't believe it's the same warpcore she had during the original series.
The makers of the first film said they wanted to show that the refitted Enterprise had this huge new power source when Kirk entered engineering and looked down the warpcore.

So the food chain might be

Constitution refit
Miranda
Constitution original

as far as raw firepower is concerned, while the more maneuverable and newer Miranda prevailed eventually when we look at TNG :)
Last edited by MrD on Wed May 20, 2009 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

MrD wrote:So the food chain might be

Constitution refit
Miranda
Constitution original
And the various Miranda refit on top of that :)
update pending
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

Yes but those would be somewhere towards the timeframe that as far as I understand it is not included in this mod. :)
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

MrD wrote:
Yes but those would be somewhere towards the timeframe that as far as I understand it is not included in this mod. :)
Discussions on a 'minor' upgrade as the Excelsior gets refitted
update pending
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

severenth wrote: Discussions on a 'minor' upgrade as the Excelsior gets refitted
Yes, but then again the Constitution refit might have gotten a few upgrades herself, for example the bridge of the Enterprise-A in Star Trek4, allegedly the renamed Yorktown, looked quite different from the Star Trek 1-3 Enterprise with those LCARS consoles :wink:
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Hey chaps.... :P

The question of which ship can do the other is a topic debated long and hard and with little fruit in the ST world :wink: :wink: http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?p=2893170 or http://steve.pugh.net/fleet/miranda.html (here is a good article as well about the ship.)

From the masses and masses of tech specs and articles and pictures I have been looking at of the two ships :roll: I think we will follow this train of thought... :wink:

Top of the line Ship will be Excelsior,

Two Command ships will be Constitution and Miranda both with refits and stats based as I mentioned above and as severenth said....
severenth wrote:Lets not forget, which ever we go for, YOU the player will be playing to the strengths of your ship in the skirmish
Advanced Cruiser will be Constellation....

Cruiser - I hope to use a Saladin class which will have a refit too..

Advanced Detroyer will be the Oberth...

Destroyer will be the Daedalus class...

Scout will be the Hermes class..

Antares class - Colony ship...

Sydney Class -TT2

I hope to be able to post some smashing pics i found but just checking with the creator!! :D

JBL

PS Mr D i will respond to ur pm asap about gorn ships need to have a good look at that!! :wink:
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
MrD
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by MrD »

jonboylondon wrote:
Top of the line Ship will be Excelsior,

Two Command ships will be Constitution and Miranda both with refits and stats based as I mentioned above and as severenth said....

Advanced Cruiser will be Constellation....
They'll scare the enemy like they should.
jonboylondon wrote: Cruiser - I hope to use a Saladin class which will have a refit too..
Didn't think of her as a cruiser, she's more like the scary version of a destroyer, but should be fine there.
jonboylondon wrote: Advanced Detroyer will be the Oberth...
You realize that in the TMP era, Chekov said "scout class vessel" and Kirk's first thought was not Bird of Prey but the Grissom, and that Kruge's BOP oneshot her. :)
And unlike the version from Klingon Academy the actual model has two Phaser mounts and no torp launcher, so she might be better as an Advanced Scout.
jonboylondon wrote: Destroyer will be the Daedalus class...
I know the official size is somethere around 120 m, but the model has two rows of windows in the horizontal neck, which would make her around 180 to 210 meters long.
With that big spherical primary hull she might be a little heavy for a destroyer.
jonboylondon wrote: Scout will be the Hermes class..
You realize that the Hermes and the Saladin look identical. :wink:
Something smaller might be better suited, like the Burke frigate.

jonboylondon wrote: Antares class - Colony ship...
Sounds perfect.
jonboylondon wrote: Sydney Class -TT2
Will you need a TOS Sydney as TT1? :wink:
jonboylondon wrote: PS Mr D i will respond to ur pm asap about gorn ships need to have a good look at that!! :wink:
I know you recruited me for the Gorn models, but it seems my primary purpose seems to be bombarding you with questions.
Take your time, I can build them without the need to agree on a naming and classing convention :)
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Am doing GORN and THOLIAN interfaces for this mod, so this isn't off topic.

I want to change colour of BOTF fonts and have so far only managed to change fonts by renaming alternative empire font files, but this doesn't change colour (except on the 9 point font which seems to take it's empire colour with it) so I imagine that control of font colour is held in other files.

Anyone know how to do what I want.

I can Hex Edit if anyone knows which file to edit and which values to change.

Regards

Pigman
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Ref my previous post, anyone know if instructions for font colours are held in TREK.EXE or in some other file within STBOF.RES, or elsewhere?

Really need to change font colours to make GORN interface look right in this new mod!!

Help greatly appreciated

Regards

Pigman
DCER
Code Master
Code Master

Post by DCER »

Nobody has managed to change font color yet.

The info is either in trek.exe or in the wdf files. Try switching some of the race specific wdf files, to see if the font color changes in those interfaces (the font itself will). If it doesn't then I bet the info is in trek.exe.

If it's in trek.exe a good place to start would be here: viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=831

The post will tell you where you can change empire graphics prefixes (c, h, f, k, r), color info could also be somewhere in that location.
jonboylondon
Captain
Captain

Post by jonboylondon »

Hey all,

Here is a sneaky peek at some of the fantastic work pigman has been doing to keep you piqued!! :P

Great work Pigman!! :wink:

JBL
Monks: Pie Jesu Domine, dona eis requiem
[bonk!]
eber3
Captain
Captain

Post by eber3 »

That is awesome!!! I really like the snake heads, lol. To cool.
carcher
Commander
Commander

Post by carcher »

i cant even begin to imagine how much work and time you've put into that pigman ,but it looks amazing :D not only that , but it has a real "feeling" to it.please dont alter it :) its fine just the way it is.
for the world is hollow and i have touched the sky....and one day mickar.....one day.....one sweet day......HAS ARRIVED!! HAPPY DAYS :D

Return to “Modding Information Archive”