Basic BotF editing help

This forum is for outdated or irrelevant Modding Information that may or may not be 3 months old.

Moderator: thunderchero

Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Basic BotF editing help

Post by Darth_Windu »

Okie dokie I've done some editing of BotF with the UE which is easy enough, and added/replaced some TGA's.

However I'm looking through some of the topics here such as the bug fixes and also, my main interest, getting lots more star systems in each game.

But here's the thing - I see talk to code (I assume through hex editing) and bytes and whatnot, which I'm COMPLETELY baffled by. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing to make the changes, nor do I even know which file I should be editing.

I had a look at the top topic about fixes and whatnot but couldn't seem to find a tutorial. Can anyone help me out?
Darth_Windu
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by Darth_Windu »

So not a single person here can link me to even a basic tutorial on how to edit BotF without using UE?

Thanks...
Pigman
Commander
Commander

Post by Pigman »

Darth_Windu said
So not a single person here can link me to even a basic tutorial on how to edit BotF without using UE?

Thanks...
Trouble is, so many things can be done now and they're spread all over the site, but if you go top left of home page and select forums and then go to modding section, you have over 6 pages of topics, which contain most of the wisdom we have learnt over the years.

Would be nice if someone were to create an index of all the things we can now change and then either link to specific tutorials or at least to the topics concerned.

When I first came here and realized how much could be changed, I had same frustration as you, but the info's all there, you have to go dig for it.

Sorry if this is not as helpful as you would like.

Regards

Pigman
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

no tutorials

here is main links

viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=764

thunderchero
severenth
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by severenth »

It may or may not be of intrest, but I have taken it upon myself to create a new site with just what your asking for.

It, unfortunately, was only setup a few days ago, so theres nothing on it.

Over the next few weeks i'll be adding content, so untill there is something of intrest, feel free to bookmark

http://www.botf-mod.com/

There is NOTHING on it at the moment, but will be as the next few days pass
Last Multiplayer Game :-
update pending

Return to “Modding Information Archive”