Adding assault command to colony and troop transport

Adding assault command to colony and troop transport; support/discussion/questions

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Adding assault command to colony and troop transport

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

I know some of you have asked about this, And a way has been found to do this. I found out if the race of ship was edited manully in shiplist.sst to klingons on any races colony and troop transport it would give it the assault command just like klingons.
DCER has added a box for "behave as if built by" in upgrade screen of ship stats, this now is possible if changed to klingons.

NOTE; this has not been tested on any other ship type so be careful when using it.

thanks DCER,

thunderchero
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Re: Adding assault command to colony and troop transport

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

thunderchero wrote:I found out if the race of ship was edited manully in shiplist.sst to klingons on any races colony and troop transport it would give it the assault command just like klingons.
Trek.exe code for switch statement: (shiplist.sst entry stored at [esp+8])

Code: Select all

4A687F                 cmp     word ptr [esp+120h], 3  // if not race ID...
4A6888                 jnz     loc_4A6774 // ...no assault command
thunderchero wrote:DCER has added a box for "behave as if built by" in upgrade screen of ship stats, this now is possible if changed to klingons.

NOTE; this has not been tested on any other ship type so be careful when using it.
This only affects player GUI and weapon labels (see Weapon labels of ships/ Beams & Torpedoes), the AI won't care about this.

Here is option to keep race weapon labels whilst adding assault command for armed colony ships & TTs:

Code: Select all

trek.exe at 0xA5C83
change: (7 bytes)
20 01 00 00 03 0F 85 to -> 78 00 00 00 00 0F 84

4A687F     66:83BC24 78000000 00   CMP WORD [ESP+078], 0 // if no beam weapons...
4A6888    ^0F84 E6FEFFFF           JE 4A6774 // ...no assault command
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.

Return to “Adding assault command to colony and troop transport”