(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

any way to speed this mod up? since i started its been very slow from turn 1 on the turns, combat is patchy and slow and freezes and ends all done but i missed all the movement/combat. never had problem before when in battle and it never took this long on turns 200 in normal size mod games.

thanks
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

@jaruler:

While UDML definitely can get slower on later turns(increased size), I doubt that standard UDM suffers from anything different then Vanilla BOTF. Try turning off system names and other unnecessary map info, it might help to speed up the game.

Be sure that you use the correct video settings, since what you write about combat animation, sounds much like you have chosen the wrong setting.

Best test: Start up UDM, open the research screen, and check through the animated ship models in there. If you CTD, then you definitely use the wrong video settings (Keep in mind, that this will likely not happen in Vanilla BOTF).
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
jaruler
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by jaruler »

ships look fine on udml in research just bery slow in battle and jumps. even with just 5 ships total!

i have the best agp graphics card also (HD4600 series) has over a gig mem.

just very stange.
shoudl i try changing graphic setting sin the file? if so what to do?

currently turn 250

i am klin and just ctahcing up on research comapred to everyone else and i have over 10k invested in intel after meeting cards first and losing 5 research hells each turn! now i have control of all intel over all races lol

roms just took a big planet from feds with a big fleet of 50 ships and military strength has feds stronger than me and everyone but need seen a fleet bigger than 3 ships of theres.

all races are doing well except cards as there in teh middle and i hate them :) but leaving the to grow now so that the others dont sweep over them. just yet.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

jaruler wrote:i have the best agp graphics card also (HD4600 series) has over a gig mem.
I hate to say sometime the newer video cards are not the best thing for a 10 year old game. But you might want to try to update your video card driver
jaruler wrote:just very stange.
shoudl i try changing graphic setting sin the file? if so what to do?.
If driver does not help open stbof.ini in UDML folder and change;

3DFX to SOFTWARE

or

DIRECT3D to SOFTWARE

this depends on how you installed main multi installer.

so if this helps with problem you should uninstall every thing and install main multi installer with the setting that worked the best for you.
Each mod installed after that uses same setting used by main multi installer.

thunderchero
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Looking forward to seeing your work on the UDM: Dominion wars maps Mentat

I've been logging on occasionally to see if you've published them...

guess i'll just have to continue to be patient. thanks for all your efforts and everyone else on here.

I remember being an excited 18 year old playing vanilla BOTF back in 1999... and its unreal that we're all still playing it 11 years later!

thanks for your efforts once again keeping our fantastic game going...

even though there's no star trek on these days.

I look back to tng , ds9 and voy and think where did all those years go?????
Sweethawk
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Sweethawk »

Hi,

Ich muss mal was los werden dieser MOD ECHTE KLASSE ! Ich hab schon lange nicht mehr so viel spass gehabt. Die ganzen neue Elemente im Spiel mit denn kleinen Rassen Breen , Sona Schiffe die man auch auf denn Planten auch selbst bauen kann einfach genial. Echte klasse arbeit viel Danke für diesen geilen MOD . Viel Grüsse aus Deutschland

mfg Sweethawk

German text translated into English

Hi,

I need something to get rid of this MOD REAL CLASS! I did not have long had as much fun. All the new elements in the game for small breeds Breen, Sona ships the planet because it also can also build your own ingenious. Real working class much thanks for these horny MOD. Much greetings from Germany
QvonBorg
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by QvonBorg »

Thanx to all how worked so hard on BOTF and all these fantastic Mods.
You made a nice job!! thx
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

Mentat, I've tried looking for the specific thread but can't find it.

Is there any update on your real-dominion war maps - saves you were developing.

I know you were testing but I like many UDM III players are looking forward to your info updates.

I'd love a real trek map, with all the ship armadas etc just as shown in DS9 etc.

So looking forward to your work
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

toffeeblue wrote:Mentat, I've tried looking for the specific thread but can't find it.

Is there any update on your real-dominion war maps - saves you were developing.

I know you were testing but I like many UDM III players are looking forward to your info updates.

I'd love a real trek map, with all the ship armadas etc just as shown in DS9 etc.

So looking forward to your work
By the above I mean the "Dominion War scenario" project as you describe it
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

I just noticed that you can't see the crew experience of enemy ships in UDM 3.0.1a_b.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:I just noticed that you can't see the crew experience of enemy ships in UDM 3.0.1a_b.
Correct, the code by DCER was used to prevent being able to see enemy experiance.

thunderchero
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

Would you consider releasing a version which doesn't alter the crew experience, raiding percentages, and ai demands? I'm fond and accustomed to of a few of the default vanilla values such as these.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JeanLucPicard1 wrote:Would you consider releasing a version which doesn't alter the crew experience, raiding percentages, and ai demands? I'm fond and accustomed to of a few of the default vanilla values such as these.
I am no longer doing any modding, so that would be a no. Also to make those changes would cause many other imbalances in the mod. It would make it too easy for human players :wink:

thunderchero
JeanLucPicard1
Commander
Commander

Post by JeanLucPicard1 »

You said no, that's fine, but I have to disagree with you about making it too easy.

The way it's setup now, you have to spend a fortune just to get a minor race to like you or sign a friendship treaty with you.

Not only that, but allowing all empires to operate trade centers already offsets the normal balance of the game because the different population maintenance for each empire balanced out the cost of ships for races without the trade center.

Now it's also pointless to even build raiding vessels except to fill in the gaps because you make peantus from raiding.

Having all the new ships is nice but the game specifics for vanilla worked well aside from a few bugs here and there.
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

JeanLucPicard, get some more lessons by Q! ;)
In vanilla all of these points can give you a real great advantage over AI if you know how to use them right. I agree it isn't balanced well for everyone and think it would be great to have some more dependence on difficulty and tech level.
Not an easy change with the spare free coding space.

Think you'll have to dig into modding yourself to get this mod adjusted to your personal preferences. 8)

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”