(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Mentat
Commander
Commander

Re: Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1a

Post by Mentat »

Thunder, if you'd ask me, I'd say replace some minors to cover the lack of minors for the Dominion, Klingons and Romulans. Truth is, that I am too infrequently messing around with the corrections for the Dominion War Scenario. Though recent changes(e.g.: all but the Federation start at Techlevel 2 and with greater funds) have improved the chances for the other Empires, the Federation still kicks off to become an unstoppable juggernaut, as soon as it starts to aquire Minor by Minor.

I have also started to move some Minors from their known spots, to allow the other Empires to get the hook on at least two or three Minors, while the Federations comes around with about 10 in the same period. This works well, though the relocation of Minors, that are known to dwell in a completely different spot, greatly hurts the canon map feeling.

To cover the gap, I would take out 4 to 8 existing minors and replace them with known minors of the respective empires.
e.g.
Dominion
Dosi, Karemma, Wadi - this would cover most of the path towards the Breen on the map. - Next stops would be Ferenginar and Cardassia.

Klingon Empire
Arin'Sen, Kriosians, and maybe Tessic's - Naussicaa, Yridia and Ktaria are also accessable.

Romulan Star Empire
Vendorians, Elohsians, Kevrata???? - Its very hard to come up with something reasonable. In fact, moving the Miradorn, Flaxians and Tanugans (none of those races have ever been pinned down on a map) closer to Romulus would do aswell. Bolians, Yridians and Zakdorn are in wider range of the Empire.

Cardassian Union
Bajorans, Lissepians and Xepolites do well - though Lissepia will have to be closer to Cardassia. Ktaria, Ferengi and Breen are in the Unions wider range.

What minors are to be scrapped though, is probably the harder part.
Candidates: Baku, Gorn, Tholian(though I love them and their ships), T'lani, Caldonians, Maquis, Xindi .... maybe Orions, Son'a, Tanugans, Ktarians.
I fail to take away any well known Minor from the UFP though, maybe Denobulans, Benzites or Tellarites?
Bottom of the line, I'd rather have 60 to 80 spots for Minors, then the limited 30 we have atm.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

sorry Mentat,

This is not that type of update (no major changes) no ship changes, no minor race changes

this is only for recent patch updates that may be a benefit to mod.

thunderchero
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

I know Thunder, I know. You can't blame me for trying, though. :)
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

Well I have started......

with the buttons the way they were done (semi transparent) this will even take longer since so many buttons will have to be created on opening screens.

thunderchero
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

As probably one of the most popular mods on here I will speak for MPs and SPs alike... "Yaaaay!!" :D Take your time with this one Thunder and I'm sure many people will be there waiting to test it out for you as you release betas. On a side note if you do need assistance with this one I can help since I would be using some of these GUI files for my mod anyhow.
"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." -- FDR
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

wow, looks impresive, the buttons looks more detailed now, because of the higher resolution and the space between.
Live long and propser
gentle
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by gentle »

this will be only an upgrade to 1024 resolution? only graphic aspects will be changed?
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

gentle wrote:this will be only an upgrade to 1024 resolution? only graphic aspects will be changed?

seems so, at least for the moment.
ZeroChance
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by ZeroChance »

Hey Thunder, even though it's a 'small' update, we really appreciate you putting more time into this mod. I think it's safe to say that UDM has become one of the most popular mods, and we all enjoy playing it. Today in wz there were too 'random' dudes going at it in udml for a few hours. So, anyhow, before I start getting too emotional or something... lol... just wanted to say thanks!! and I'm looking forward to it!
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

This is my comprehensive wishlist for code changes/options to UDM3 with links since hi res release is being worked on. I will try and keep this list modest and with stable changes to the best of my knowledge:

1.) AI map scan on UDML viewtopic.php?f=9&t=618&start=45&sid=68 ... a19d117157

2.) Decrease amount of star systems and decrease probability of M class worlds (UE) ties in with AI map scan forcing AI to expand further

3.) Corner check fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=629&sid=688915e66cd ... a19d117157

4.) Starting ships option-change to scout and destroyer T 1-4 T5 scout, destroyer, and command ship viewtopic.php?f=9&t=734&p=10103&sid=688 ... 157#p10103

5.) territorial claims (+1 new colonies +2 outposts +3 starbases (scan ranges 4) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2183&sid=688915e66c ... a19d117157

6.) Lower pop support of fleets by 1/2 all empires (might help with turn speedup since AI does not form task forces) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56&sid=688915e66cd3 ... a19d117157

7.) OB survive with 0 hp, ships survive OB shot, and strike cruiser bonus against OB viewtopic.php?f=9&t=56&sid=688915e66cd3 ... a19d117157

8.) Eliminate empire and station fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2257&sid=688915e66c ... a19d117157

9.) Correcting bias for minor EL start, remove difficulty level bias for minor EL, normal pop growth, more orbitals at start for minor viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13&hilit=Minor+Race ... a19d117157

10.) static bypass option for AI major/minor gifts and demands viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12&sid=688915e66cd3 ... a19d117157

11.) ships auto upgrade with refit option viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1797&p=24496&hilit= ... 157#p24496

12.) stolen ships with crew exp fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=74&p=591&hilit=Crew ... 17157#p591

13.) ramming fix with nominal hull pts for each turn viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1210&p=18230&sid=68 ... 157#p18230

14.) Increase initial combat distance to starbases and uncloaked fleets viewtopic.php?f=9&t=93&p=695&hilit=Star ... 17157#p695

15.) AI minimum terraform threshold viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1131&p=16638&hilit= ... 157#p16638

16.) Due to energy project completion add power to all structures except thermal vents and planetary energy reserves

17.) Replace Elite class strike cruiser with New Orleans class

18.) Domination victory conditions and borg invasion fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1331&sid=688915e66c ... a19d117157

19.) Monster planet attack and borg spawning option viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1273&p=27201&sid=68 ... 157#p27201

20.) economic and military score overflow fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2291&sid=688915e66c ... a19d117157

21.) Lower CPU patch 60 FPS viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2298&sid=688915e66c ... a19d117157

22.) Phantom Dilithium Bug fix (MPs will kill me for suggesting this one :roll: ) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=408&p=15170&sid=688 ... 157#p15170

23.) Outposts/ Starbases for free bug viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1783&p=24308&hilit= ... 157#p24308

24.) Rebellions and the message withdrawn bug (updated since UDM3 released) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1082&p=15820&hilit= ... 157#p15820

25.) Minor delcares war fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1221&p=17716&hilit= ... 157#p17716

26.) Liberating home system fix viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1201&p=17433&hilit= ... 157#p17433

27.) Weapons jamming fix for starbases viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2064&p=29333&hilit= ... 157#p29333

28.) Strengthen AI ships in tactical combat viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25735#25735

29.) Modify AI ground combat (50%) and increase chances of additional TTs lost during successful invasion viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=25733#25733

30.) Option :!: couple terraforming level to biotech research AND give AI edge in terraforming capacity (compensate for slowness of AI min terr threshold) viewtopic.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=24497#24497

31.) Disable AI credits bonus on difficulty level (#3 in tweaks section) smaller AI early fleets esp in epic games and overall faster turns as game progresses viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1805&p=24589&hilit= ... 157#p24589

32.) Speed up AI system upgrades (bottom of tweaking section) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1805&p=24589&hilit= ... 157#p24589

This is all I can think of that I have used myself and found to be very stable. I left out the command ship ability and extra commands due to my discussion with Thunderchero. TC asked me to put this up and to ask if anyone else has feedback on these suggestions or if anyone else on the forums has legitimate and reasonable requests for code changes. This is an update to UDM3 not another mod so I don't think he will consider new minors new buildings ship stats etc that will change the overall feel of the game. So thoughts anyone?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

xDx wrote:I will try and keep this list modest
That is a modest list....... lol

thunderchero
xDx
Commander
Commander

Post by xDx »

thunderchero wrote:
xDx wrote:
I will try and keep this list modest

That is a modest list....... lol

thunderchero
:mrgreen:
Gh0st
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by Gh0st »

I didn't (quite) follow that. This list (up) from xDx is a personal wishlist - isn't it? TC don't work on another version of udm. Don't get me wrong... I visit this website day by day for a announcement like this. It's quit interesting to read all those posts from QD & SCT but I still wait for 'someone' who release some of this breaktrought in a mod.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

Here is a test version of UDM 3.0.1d (released early for christmas surprise)

You must uninstall version c before running new installer

file no longer available
First off I started over with the trek.exe so no older patches would not be still present with all the updated ones. :wink:

the 1024 x 768 file were edited for new GUI for fed and dominion

Flockes new MPR++ patch has been added

klingon production values were increased

all gif images were replaced (some 512 x 512 other just best possible from old files) Each gif now has it's own palette since 128 palette limit is no longer in effect with MPR++

new planet and sun images added

ship scale and combat distance slightly edited with slight phaser and torpedeo reductions

extended view sectors decreased

final exposion when ship is destroyed was decreased

Some buildings were given new energy values since the energy project is part of mod now

new starting systems
normal map
tech 1 home system only
tech 2 home + 1
tech 3 home + 2
tech 4 home + 3
tech 5 home + 4

large map
tech 1 home + 4
tech 2 home + 5
tech 3 home + 6
tech 4 home + 7
tech 5 home + 8

new starting fleet option added for home and extra starting systems

large maps also got slight increase to ship range, speed, and scanners and 50% decrease in ship support to allow larger fleets needed for large maps.

still to do
replace some of the ship models with models that have been updated
fix some of the other models textures
add some of the new patches that are currently being developed (too long of list and unknown what will be added)
I am also sure there will be other user suggested changes.
change commands to allow solo commands without command ship
change cloak values

But here is a list of current patches/bug fixes that have already been added. 8O
(some of these were already part of version c)

Borg Invasion bug fix
Weapons "Jamming" Fix for Space Stations
Cloak default fix for task forces
Edo God auto-hail bug-fix
Cloak enabled for Edo God & Combat Drone (1.b/ 2.a,b,c/ 3.a,b)
"cloak, withdraw & hold" commands in tactical combat + the broken command ability + Enabled custom descriptions for all commands
50% scrap rounded down
defensive bonus for Strike Cruisers against OBs
Raid fix wrt bankrupt empires
Disable [position2] Crew Experience thresholds
TradeGoods 1:1 only for AI
Disabling the system-specific Random Events for AI
Stolen Ships - Crew Experience Bug-fix
liberating foreign home systems fix(updated) & morale omission fix
Research Decay Bug-fix
Ship Repair - Ally & Shipyard Bug-fix
Outpost/Starbase self-repair bug (fix)
Map range tech field database fix (option A - updated)
Instant-Terraforming Bug-fix (updated)
Auto-Upgrading Ships (Options/Fixes):3-1 3-3
Outpost/Starbase for free bug-fix
broken feature fix wrt starting pop of extra starting systems
Liberating Native Systems (morale error fix - updated)
Fixed AI checks for borg presence
custom planet names for any system (fix)
Rebellions fixes regarding inhabitants from a dead empire & conquered minors(updated) + corrupted messages fix
Morale overflow over 32767 bug (fix)
Upgrading buildings bug-fix (updated)
Minor declares war - morale & message error (fix)
Shipname Appendix Fix
rejected friendship message bug (fix)
Crew Experience fixes 1 & 3
minor race hidden (from diplomacy) - bug fix
cardassian range bug
Starvation rounding bug
ship stats pop-up bug
Downgrade bug
Credit Output of a Star System
Population Support
Colonies: population, farms, factories
Population Limits free/minors/Additional Major Empire Starting Systems
gifts to minor races
terraforming / planet image bug (fix)
bonus points per crew experience level
raid messages
minor race's attitude towards the player will increase per turn if the players has a trade route to the minor race's system.
free trade
Generated monsters savegame bug fix (2.4)
zero growth rate minor planets fix
Ships survive with 0 HPs (fix) & OBs survive with 0 PTs (fix)
ramming fix with nominal hull pts for each turn
the AI minimum terraform threshold
Economic and Military Score (Overflow Fix)
Re-cloak during system attack bug-fix
Cloak default fix for task forces - UPDATE
use return key to send message
Always-100% Intel-Area-Bonus Bug-fix
intel Attack frequency difficulty level bias-fix
Intel department bonuses fix (Economic-, Scientific- & Military Intel)
Chance to Blame Others Always 30% Bug-fix
Deleted intel reports still in report-list workaround (crash if clicked on)
Disabled Buildings - Extra Morale Fix
Food popup for max-growth fix (current pop*2 is wrong)
Neutron Star Bug-fix (updated)
minor races: corrected difficuly level bias & pop growth (1-4)
Terraforming Fix for Additional Starting Systems and Minors (updated)
Adjusting trade good output
global multiplier for terraforming costs of all planets
meprvnum.bin bug-fix
ship building bonus to cards, dominion and klingon
Outpost and starbase claim change
Starting Fleet
fleet on all systems
starting fleet all levels
open boarders
corner check

I am sure I might have missed a few things but I am still attempting to complete change list.

I hope you all enjoy and as always leave your feedback here.

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

dude... so many changes:) wow - i'll attempt the unthinkable - an SP game to sort this all out.... what i like so far on t5 - lotsa colony ships, speed 2; t2 speed 2; kling sis planets actually have potentioal for 500 plus pop so may be can build up some fabs to keep up with dom (gentle beware), win mod rocks (don't change to full/windowed in battle, crashes)... awesome

kling light ships can't retreat and fire... in forums u mentioned ships can recloak while in battle... now sure how that's done yet...
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”