(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: (Updated) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dc

Post by thunderchero »

most of the time when this happens the host has given the wrong IP. To get the correct IP the host needs to open a command prompt and type; ipconfig

and give that to joining player.

one note if you do not see game right away press start key to drop from full screen and see if you have a window for windows firewall wanting you to allow connection or other firewall program.

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

i would probably leave AI shipyards at version D level... i did not think they caused trouble... massive AI is nice for a change....
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

ruthlessferengi wrote:i would probably leave AI shipyards at version D level... i did not think they caused trouble... massive AI is nice for a change....

Are you talking about version da or version db there is a big difference da builds a large AI fleets while db will build very large fleets and those fleets will cause more than a 3 - 5 min turn processing time after turn 100.

in current version it would be the better than version da or c, I know I stated it would be same as version c, but 1 change was left from version db that increases ship building (first objective is ship building for all races).

thunderchero
ruthlessferengi

Post by ruthlessferengi »

thunderchero wrote:
ruthlessferengi wrote:i would probably leave AI shipyards at version D level... i did not think they caused trouble... massive AI is nice for a change....

Are you talking about version da or version db there is a big difference da builds a large AI fleets while db will build very large fleets and those fleets will cause more than a 3 - 5 min turn processing time after turn 100.

in current version it would be the better than version da or c, I know I stated it would be same as version c, but 1 change was left from version db that increases ship building (first objective is ship building for all races).

thunderchero
thanks for clarifying it, yes now that u mentioned that I do remember interminable turn times when I played with Gentle... you are right, shipyards had to be changed as you suggested.
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
TreX
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by TreX »

Hi Guys and girls,

Think this is my first post been lurking for years

First off, Incredible work to everyone involved mod

Ive been playing again after watching DS9 and it got me thinking, my main bug bear about this game was the need to build massive massive fleets, when in true Cannon Trek i dont think each empire had more then 500 ships..or at least you never hear about them

so my question would be, would it be possible to change things so ships take longer to build and tech is increased, would really like to try and edit the scale of game to feel more Cannon and go thu the "Ages"
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

TreX wrote:so my question would be, would it be possible to change things so ships take longer to build and tech is increased,
things like that are possible, using UE to edit many things. But no plans for this to be done for release
TreX wrote:would really like to try and edit the scale of game to feel more Cannon and go thu the "Ages"
As the mod is called "Dominion Mod" so it was never ment to start at early stages of the federation. The original plan was to start at the beginning of DS9 and move into the future. The original creator "Siggi" Had a squeal planned to continue from the end of the dominion war named "Battle Fronts". The dominion joins Cardaissians and the Borg becomes the big threat.

But after his departure, I completed the mod with the ship models that were available and and moved starting point back a little (a little past TNG era).

thunderchero
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

I've been running the latest mod with the Dominion Wars federation scenario map.

I get to turn 240 and get a crash?

What do I need to post and where do I find it in order to help the wonderful work of Thunderchero
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

toffeeblue wrote:I've been running the latest mod with the Dominion Wars federation scenario map.

I am surprised you made it that far without a crash the scenario map are no longer compatible too many changes have been made in ships and stats ect.

thunderchero
toffeeblue
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by toffeeblue »

thunderchero wrote:
toffeeblue wrote:I've been running the latest mod with the Dominion Wars federation scenario map.

I am surprised you made it that far without a crash the scenario map are no longer compatible too many changes have been made in ships and stats ect.

thunderchero
Are we likely to get an updated map for this Thunder?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

toffeeblue wrote:Are we likely to get an updated map for this Thunder?
no

thunderchero
Hiraishin
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Hiraishin »

Hey, my friend and me ran into an issue that we can't solve and don't even know how it started. We played a multiplayer game of the latest UDM and played it up to 280 turns without major issues (some crashes here and there but nothing major). After reloading the game the next day our ships (and in fact every single ship in the galaxy) couldn't move forward. This applies to older and newly produced ships. We tried reloading the game several times, save anew and then load the new save but it seems that nothing helps. Did anyone else encounter this issue and find any solution to it?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

some time you may incounter a space anomily the will stop warp drive. (it would have warned you in a info message) this would clear in 3-5 turns.

but you can also thy renaming "last.sav" to any unused save slot. last.sav is from 1 turn before auto.sav.

thunderchero
pal28
Commander
Commander

planet mod

Post by pal28 »

hello can you use planet mod with ultimate dominion mod to increase planets population?
When will we have another Enterprise-E?
thunderchero

Re: planet mod

Post by thunderchero »

pal28 wrote:hello can you use planet mod with ultimate dominion mod to increase planets population?
joining of mods will corupt install

thunderchero
0CumeX0
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by 0CumeX0 »

cool mod!! i was wondering...are ther Vulcans in this mod??
i played like 15x, but never encountered Vulcans!!

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”