(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: (Updated) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dc

Post by thunderchero »

to completely prevent auto upgarding of ships that would take little more work. you would have to open correct stbof.res with UE and change each ship for upgrade to none.

the patch I thought you were tring to prevent was the hull lose when auto upgrading. The patch is green since it is in use you need to use remove option. but if you completely disable all upgrades there would be no need.

thunderchero
JPMoney
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JPMoney »

thunderchero wrote:to completely prevent auto upgarding of ships that would take little more work. you would have to open correct stbof.res with UE and change each ship for upgrade to none.

the patch I thought you were tring to prevent was the hull lose when auto upgrading. The patch is green since it is in use you need to use remove option. but if you completely disable all upgrades there would be no need.

thunderchero
Thank you for all of your help! UE will work I think...I'll have to manually indicate for each ship that it doesn't upgrade from anything...but that seems to be doing the trick.
happycamper
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by happycamper »

awesome mod, makes game re-playable for me.

wish someone would develop a new version of this game.
JPMoney
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JPMoney »

I downloaded Mentat's canon scenarios from earlier in this thread (posted by KrazeeXXL), but the game crashes when I try to load a save. Do those saves not work with 3.0.1dc? Are there any canon saves available for this version?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

correct they will no longer work on current version. and as far as I know there are no plans for new ones.

thunderchero
JPMoney
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JPMoney »

thunderchero wrote:correct they will no longer work on current version. and as far as I know there are no plans for new ones.

thunderchero
Bummer. TC, do you know which version is compatible with those scenarios and if it's still available for download? Love to check them out.

Also, was udml (large maps) not included in dc? I didn't see a separate folder...
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JPMoney wrote:Bummer. TC, do you know which version is compatible with those scenarios and if it's still available for download? Love to check them out.

Also, was udml (large maps) not included in dc? I didn't see a separate folder...
I think it was version 3.0.1a and no it is no longer available in download section.

during install you must check the large version option.

thunderchero
Deks
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Deks »

I have a question pertaining to minor races in this version of the mod.
They don't seem to be advancing anymore.
Namely, they don't colonize their own system anymore after a specific portion of the time (unless I colonize their planets for them) and their populations rise at an extremely slow rate (which is of course excruciatingly slow because all of the minors star systems growth is less than 2% (up to 1.5% mostly).

Was this intentional?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Deks wrote:Was this intentional?
yes, but it just the new code for minor growth. while yes they no longer jump in larger population every 50 or so turns they will increase as normal (every turn) just like majors. But as you posted it will help if you help terrafrom planets to increase growth rate.

As to them terraforming they will when max pop of current terraformed systems are reached just as before.

thunderchero
Killer
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Killer »

Hello, I am having trouble with the vanilla as well as with the UDM when getting to the main menu. The animation fromt he intro seems to stay there, I get some flickering and have to move the mouse to the right for menus to appear. Doing this I can load the game or start a new one and it also disappears when alt tabbing out. So it is just a annoyance. But is there any way to fix it? I think the game does not like modern graphics cards.
thezfunk
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by thezfunk »

Hey Guys,

I have been having problems with several minor race ships. Every time I meet certain minor races who have ships and I get into the initial battle trek.exe crashes me back to desktop every time. It seems to be specific races and if I avoid them I don't have the issue. I have tried various compatibility modes and closing open programs...just basic troubleshooting...and I still have the issue. Any suggestions? I am running Windows 7 with the BOTF install from the downloads sections with just Dominon Mod newest version.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Killer,
Killer wrote:I think the game does not like modern graphics cards.
from your description I would say you are correct, This sounds like a driver issue or setting of your video card.

if you want more help tell us more about your system and video card and what driver version that is installed.

Hi thezfunk,
thezfunk wrote:I am running Windows 7 with the BOTF install from the downloads sections with just Dominon Mod newest version.
It sounds like you also installed the 1024 x 768 patch? if so this is a common problem. Only a few video cards works well with 1024 patch without crashing.

thunderchero
thezfunk
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by thezfunk »

If I did, I did it without knowing. I just installed the latest listed Dominion Mod file in the downloads section. The only other thing I can think of is that I am using Direct3D...should I just do software?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

thezfunk wrote: The only other thing I can think of is that I am using Direct3D...should I just do software?
yes with current video cards software is used more.

also is this a crash during combat or a crash as soon as next turn begins while closing multi info screens?

thunderchero
thezfunk
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by thezfunk »

thunderchero wrote:
thezfunk wrote: The only other thing I can think of is that I am using Direct3D...should I just do software?
yes with current video cards software is used more.

also is this a crash during combat or a crash as soon as next turn begins while closing multi info screens?

thunderchero
It is a crash when loading the combat 3D screen to fight the combat. So far it's the Ba'ku and Ktarians...every single time. I get the notification that I am fighting them. I click the 'fight' button and then it starts to load the combat and then crashes to desktop with 'trek.exe' crashing.

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”