(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Re: (Updated 4-2-14) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dda

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I have released an update for UDM 3.0.1dda

Ultimate Dominion Mod 3.0.1 dda

Changes for version dda

romulan extra building bonus changed to intel
all colony ships give 1 research building
all ship models replaced for new ship scale of 1.0
Advanced Starship Design Bureau decreased to bonus of 10%, energy of 25, cost 1500
ship to ship distance decreased to 0.30
all ships min range set to 0.0 for torpedoes and phasers

Note; with stat change saved games may not work.

Enjoy

thunderchero
NfG84
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by NfG84 »

Thanks for the update :-).

Quick question, if I may in this thread. On the biggest maps when there are hundreds of ships things get a little messy. I find it a pity, that (in contrast to the TV show, where ships are all alone most of the time), one always has to group whole fleets. It makes a single ship too ... irrelevant for my taste. Is there a way to reduce the overall number of ships without side effects? For example, if I just increase the maintenance cost by let's say a factor of 4, all human players will have only a quarter of the ships, but would the AI follow that as well?
Cheers
JPMoney
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JPMoney »

Question about discovering minor races. Does the UDM mod (or any mod for that matter) allow you to discover a minor race after it has already been incorporated (either conquered or brought in peacefully) by another empire? That is one thing that always annoyed me about the vanilla version--that I couldn't establish a relationship with a minor race after it had been grabbed by another empire.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

NfG84 wrote:if I just increase the maintenance cost by let's say a factor of 4, all human players will have only a quarter of the ships, but would the AI follow that as well?
No, the AI pays little if any maintenance.
JPMoney wrote:Question about discovering minor races. Does the UDM mod (or any mod for that matter) allow you to discover a minor race after it has already been incorporated (either conquered or brought in peacefully) by another empire? That is one thing that always annoyed me about the vanilla version--that I couldn't establish a relationship with a minor race after it had been grabbed by another empire.
many bug fixes have been applied for diplomacy, but once a minor becomes a member of a different empire you must bribe them away. This take a lots of money. or just subjugate them. :grin:

thunderchero
JPMoney
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by JPMoney »

thunderchero wrote: many bug fixes have been applied for diplomacy, but once a minor becomes a member of a different empire you must bribe them away. This take a lots of money. or just subjugate them. :grin:

thunderchero
Thanks TC...to clarify I'm talking about the inability to even discover a minor race because they've already been incorporated into another empire. For example, in the vanilla version, let's say I'm playing as the Feds and the Romulans incorporate the Vulcans before I actually discover the Vulcans. By the time I fly over the Vulcan system, they are already part of the Romulan empire. I can't "discover" them, and I therefore can't even bribe them. If they've been conquered, I can't ever "discover" them and have diplomacy with them, even if I liberate them. At least, this is what I am remembering...it has been a long time since I've actually played vanilla botf. I was wondering if this is addressed in the UDM mod.
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

awesome, thanks TC
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

JPMoney wrote:to clarify I'm talking about the inability to even discover a minor race because they've already been incorporated into another empire.
yes, that is one of the bug fixes

viewtopic.php?f=241&t=1066

thunderchero
Duflux
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Duflux »

Do ships tech up normally on this mod?

I was playing SP as dominion and i teched up attack fighter 2s --> 3s and Battle Cruisers 2s --> 3s.

Instead of all my ships refitting and becoming the enhanced version to its predecessor, they stayed the same and as my shipyards started producing the new advanced version, I was then left with a odd fleet of older generation ships and my new ones. Which was kinda cool.

Could have been a glitch i suppose as i haven't had the chance to test it again, but is this normal?
Someone once said, a good time happens precisely when we lose track of what time it is...
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Duflux wrote:I was playing SP as dominion and i teched up attack fighter 2s --> 3s and Battle Cruisers 2s --> 3s.
if it is the way you posted it sounds like a glitch, but Attack Fighter III does not upgrade to Heavy Attack Fighter. The Heavy Attack Fighter is a different class ship, but all races upgrade the same.

thunderchero
Duflux
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Duflux »

ok cool ill do some more testing see if it happens again.
Someone once said, a good time happens precisely when we lose track of what time it is...
Kaitane
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Kaitane »

Have noticed that when I play as the Federation and attempt to view the ships tab in object database in research, in large galaxy, the game freezes. Every other tab is ok. Normal galaxy seems fine when I press the ships tab though. Am using MPR 2.6 as well. Anyone else had this problem? My computer is only a month old.
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

I would like to see a MAX tech setting. That way you could have the low tech early battles.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

will games from 3.0.0 carry over to 3.0.1dda?
Kosh from Babylon 5
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

robertbc73 wrote:will games from 3.0.0 carry over to 3.0.1dda?
no, the dominion wars scenario's only work on version 3.0.0 and even then you might get errors due to edited saves.

thunderchero
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

Thunderchero, major props to you not only for the mod but the update. Only thing I can ask is if you tweak it any more, PLEASE, please make Federation owned space a lighter blue so I can actually see it. Nothing like fighting a war with the feds only to find they have a whole section of map on your other border just because you couldnt see those dern super dark squares.

Thank you
Keep up the work.
Kosh from Babylon 5

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”