(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

eddiaz79,

sorry no, it is not mod related you might contact your video card manufacture to see if they have a solution. from what you have stated it sounds like a memory/video problem. (but I am not an expert) all battle I have had with your save have normal battles and phaser and torpedeo firing normal. even with 50 vs 50 ships.

thunderchero
eddiaz79
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by eddiaz79 »

Hello Thunderchero Thank You very much for your help I realized there was an updated drive for my video card and it fixed the problem thank you and sorry for wasting your time.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

No problem just gald you got it figured out

thunderchero
Lynx
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Lynx »

I'm having serious problems with downloading the Multi Installer. I tried twice this evening and both were unsuccessful.

I realized immediately that with my crappy broadband, it would take a long time to download this mammoth file. The problem is that the system seem to be shutting down before Ihave downloaded the whole file.

The latest attempt did only result in 250 of the 449 MB.s being downloaded and when I try to start the Multi Installer I get the message "Start files are corrupted.Please download the file again".

So I guess I'm stuck withthe older version of the Dominion Mod. :(
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

Lynx wrote:The latest attempt did only result in 250 of the 449 MB
Try using a downloadmanager to resume the download and prevent corruption.
I know there are alot, and think there are also plugins for firefox and have read IE has this functionality included. :)
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Lynx wrote:The problem is that the system seem to be shutting down before Ihave downloaded the whole file.
also keep in mind closing your browser will end download and since membership is required to download navagating away from afc may end download early.

thunderchero
Pakna
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Pakna »

Hello, thunderchero.....I am sure you're tired of people commending you and all but - you guys have done a gigantic job of keeping this 10yo game gem alive and kicking; kudos to a job really well done and kudos to dedication and hard work that you've put into. Outstanding!

Also, I would like to advise any and all ATI users who are experiencing UI slowdowns to upgrade to the ATI 9.10 drivers ASAP (out on 22 October, 2009).

It resolved all the problems like a charm.

Again, thunder - a marvellous job and keep the thrusters on full!
Lynx
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Lynx »

Flocke wrote:
Lynx wrote:The latest attempt did only result in 250 of the 449 MB
Try using a downloadmanager to resume the download and prevent corruption.
I know there are alot, and think there are also plugins for firefox and have read IE has this functionality included. :)
Thanks for the tip. I used a download manager and no probem to download the file. :)

What I didn't know was that the file was actually the whole game, making the CD obsolete which I don't mind about since I've always have had the fear of wearing out the precious CD in some way.

It also strikes me what a fantastic job you people have done. Not only keeping the old game alive but developed it better than any professional company could or would have done. Thanks for that! :)

As for the Dominon Mod, it works fine so far. I've just started the game and played about 100 turns but so far no bugs or problems.However, I get a feeling that Species 8472 has become more dangerous. Right now it's terrorizing my empire, constantly wiping out my fleet and I can't kill it or scare it off. How do I do that? I do know that I could handle it once upon a time but I don't remember how.

Speaking of Species 8472 which is a Delta Quadrant creature, is it possible to install the Delta Quadrant mod without wiping out the Dominion Mod? Could be fun to test that mod as well.
wicky82432
Lieutenant-Junior Grade
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Post by wicky82432 »

hey lynx if you have the multi installer that allows you to install more then one mod at a time then yea you should be able to have every mod you want installed and you just click the icon of the mod you want to run and bam its up and running, its such an awsome feature
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Lynx wrote:As for the Dominon Mod, it works fine so far. I've just started the game and played about 100 turns but so far no bugs or problems.However, I get a feeling that Species 8472 has become more dangerous. Right now it's terrorizing my empire, constantly wiping out my fleet and I can't kill it or scare it off. How do I do that? I do know that I could handle it once upon a time but I don't remember how.
Thanks for the feedback on the Species 8472 Lynx. Keep in mind that most Aliens have been changed, and thus can be more lethal then in predecessing UDM versions. Species 8472 is one of them and its shields and hull aswell as its agility have been increased considerably. You might need a big fleet to take down this ship and choose the right tactic depending on what techlevel you have reached. Many ships set to "ram" would be the best tactic when your ships are around Tech1 to Tech4. At least from Tech5 on, you should have a good chance to beat the Species and aswell Borg Cube with a big fleet including some Command vessels by using standard tactics.

When you start playing UDM, I would advice to play with random event and borg set to OFF. Later though it can be a good way to increase the challenge.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
Lynx
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Lynx »

Mentat wrote:
Lynx wrote:As for the Dominon Mod, it works fine so far. I've just started the game and played about 100 turns but so far no bugs or problems.However, I get a feeling that Species 8472 has become more dangerous. Right now it's terrorizing my empire, constantly wiping out my fleet and I can't kill it or scare it off. How do I do that? I do know that I could handle it once upon a time but I don't remember how.
Thanks for the feedback on the Species 8472 Lynx. Keep in mind that most Aliens have been changed, and thus can be more lethal then in predecessing UDM versions. Species 8472 is one of them and its shields and hull aswell as its agility have been increased considerably. You might need a big fleet to take down this ship and choose the right tactic depending on what techlevel you have reached. Many ships set to "ram" would be the best tactic when your ships are around Tech1 to Tech4. At least from Tech5 on, you should have a good chance to beat the Species and aswell Borg Cube with a big fleet including some Command vessels by using standard tactics.

When you start playing UDM, I would advice to play with random event and borg set to OFF. Later though it can be a good way to increase the challenge.
That's exactly what I've done. As for random events, the Minosians are holding position in one Star System and they seem to be capable of destroying all ships I'm sending against them.

After playing over than 300 turns, I have a feeling that the game seems more........advanced in many areas compared to the older version of the UDM mod. But I find that an improvement. I also get the impression that space has become bigger when playing with the largest map (which I always do), it took almost 300 turns before I ran into the first of the "main opponents" (Romulans) so I have had some time to build up and consolidate the Federation area. However, this can be a coincident. However, nothing I complain about. I like playing the game ove a large area so I see that as an improvement as well. :)

As for Species 8472, they created a lot of trouble in the beginning, wiping out my fleet three times but I haven't seen them for about 250 turns.

I also tested the Delta Quadrant mod. No problems in downloading and installing it but after only 10 minutes of playing, the game crashed when I clicked on a star system to which my surveyor was heading for (sorry I don't remember the name of the system). Sad really, because I think that a Delta Quadrant mod which would function as good as the Ultimate Dominion Mod could be fun and interesting. I was thinking of writing a post about that subject with some suggestions but I'm not sure if this thread is the right thread for it, it may take the thread a bit out of topic.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Lynx wrote:I also tested the Delta Quadrant mod. No problems in downloading and installing it but after only 10 minutes of playing, the game crashed when I clicked on a star system to which my surveyor was heading for (sorry I don't remember the name of the system). Sad really, because I think that a Delta Quadrant mod which would function as good as the Ultimate Dominion Mod could be fun and interesting. I was thinking of writing a post about that subject with some suggestions but I'm not sure if this thread is the right thread for it, it may take the thread a bit out of topic.
The Delta Quadrant mod is a little over 3 years old and it has been that long since it has been worked on. The author (DigitalMaleficus) has not been seen much during that time. On download link I even warned that mod had many errors (too many for me to fix without his permission). But yes could have been as big with a lot of work with finding we have now.

Over a year ago DigitalMaleficus posted about an update he was working on, but not a word since. It may have even been before forum went down last year and forum posts were lost. (can't find post)

thunderchero
Lynx
Cadet 4th Year
Cadet 4th Year

Post by Lynx »

^^
I will start a thread with some suggestions for an update of the Delta Quadrant Mod.

As for the Ultimate Dominion Mod, I've been playing that one for over 520 turns now and my only complaint is that the game gets veeeeeeeery slow in the long run. OK, I'm using an old computer now, due to some repairment of my usual one but there is a radical decrease of speed the longer you play. I must admit that I've started from the beginning, the early stages of development. Next time I will try to start from a more advanced level.

Otherwise the game is much improved. As for other observations, I've noticed that it's much harder to make minor races join the Federation. They seem very reluctant. I've bribedand tried to persuade the Bajorans and the Betazoids since turn 120 or so and they simply won't join. And the Benzites! Even when the Dominion were about to attack them ant their only way out would have been to join the Federation,they refused. :o
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi Everyone,

I have made a few minor adjustments and given new files to Mentat, After a few test game between us (if no other suggestions from anyone else) Mentat will start work on Dominion War saves.

Some changes for final version.

Morale was reworked with a shared structure for empire wide for federation, Klingons, Romulans. This allowed a empire wide for Dominion (they did not have one before) With this most of the added bonuses have been balanced out.

A slight decrease to cost of upper industry structure to decrease upgrade time (only slight change)

The problem of too many systems on normal maps has been balanced out.

The building list has been resorted so minor do not build wrong buildings. (mainly Experimental Reman Facility and that type)

Starting home systems energy/pop bonus were balanced some.

The Dominion got a new structure "Shapeshifter network" for sabatage

corrected stats for Dominion Heavy Fortress I and Warbird II.

new structure for subjagated systems only for morale "Protectorate Headquarters" replaces Planetary admissions.

Trade center and Space port credit bonus reduced slightly.

Slight increase to Popular support multilier (ship support).

I hope I have not forget any changes. (more changes now that it is on paper than I thought).

let me know what you think of changes. We have gotten very little feedback :wink: So like I stated these are all small changes. I am guessing most everyone is happy with current release.

thunderchero
Last edited by thunderchero on Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Hi everyone,

While mentat is working on his saves I have done some work tring to finish siggi fed interface. it was only about half way done so will need alot of work. Here is intel screens I have been working on.

Empire screen

I have been using many of siggi's old file except font, I think it is looking good so far. :lol:

thunderchero

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”