(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Vreenak
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Re: (Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Post by Vreenak »

1920 somehow crashes with every mod when I click on any ingame menu like science, intel etc. But 1024 is ok.
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

that was painful, but I made all 13 turns of combat on first try.

here is replay video
Vreenak
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Vreenak »

I´m watching right now - fantastic battle. How come that it doesn´t crash on your pc? How many ships did you loose? On auto, I lost over 100 ships - your battle looks a lot better.
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

I did not count the ships losses.

as for why I don't know. but once I click turn I don't touch anything until I can set commands again. each turn took almost 3-5 min.
and as I said there were 13 turns of combat

as for 1920 x 1080 the test beta installs without issues. but not compatible with your old saved games
Vreenak
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Vreenak »

Thank you for looking into it. The 1920 mod works now, the problem was the wrong path. Sadly my current game is 1024. In 1920 x 1080 the game looks really stunning though.
Vreenak
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Vreenak »

The Borg destroy the Fed and the AI does nothing - 400 ships but nothing. I deactivated random events and set BORG = OFF in the stbof.ini file but there are still new Borg Spheres spawning. How can I get rid of the Borg?
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

Vreenak wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:36 am The Borg destroy the Fed and the AI does nothing - 400 ships but nothing. I deactivated random events and set BORG = OFF in the stbof.ini file but there are still new Borg Spheres spawning. How can I get rid of the Borg?
turning borg off during a game does nothing. borg must be off before you start a game.

so only way would be to start a new game or live with them in this game.
Spocks-cuddly-tribble
Code Master
Code Master

Post by Spocks-cuddly-tribble »

Vreenak wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:36 am set BORG = OFF in the stbof.ini file but there are still new Borg Spheres spawning. How can I get rid of the Borg?
BORG=OFF (no spaces) in stbof.ini should always work (unlike the random events setting even for saved games), unless there is a typo or any other file corruption or the ini is edited while BotF is windowed running.... Also the command-line argument -BorgOff will always work (but maybe only till trek.exe gets restarted). All monsters already on the map will stay of course. :wink:

Turning the random events off however will NOT prevent new borg from spawning after system destruction, even when using the ingame button (knowing about its bug), which stops all other new random events from happening (not sure how an active trade guild strike and subspace anomaly gets handled in this case).
I don't know how many bugs is too many but that point is reached somewhere before however many in BotF is.
Vreenak
Cadet 3rd Year
Cadet 3rd Year

Post by Vreenak »

Thanks thunderecho and Spock :) Problem solved. I really like that the UDM gives you a fast start with lots of ships, buildings and planets. I couldn´t muster the energy necessary to build everything from scratch. Before I discovered I could play BOTF again, I played Sins Armada 3 mod and now I can´t even remember how that looked like ;)
RSE_Dissy
2020-Vanilla
2020-Vanilla

Post by RSE_Dissy »

Hey thunderchero,

First off I want to say it's great that the site and botf is still thriving. During this recent crisis I've got back in touch with some old friends and we've played ALOT of UDM3 online recently, it's been great - really had some fantastic battles - and mostly very stable on UDM3, MPR++, especially 1v1. On over turn 200 on an UDML(lrg) game with Chris, we had battles of over 300 ships already, and still going, and those didn't crash either. It's great.

On the whole, the game has been very balanced as well in regards to races, colonies become much more important on larger games and I had 60 systems in the big game. You can have the colonies spamming ships really well. Also the ship scales, and ship stats do also seem very balanced, the core command ships feel really beastly, but are costly as well.

The only big issue I have, is the hull damage to ships after upgrade. This is find can prove very important in battles and planning for ship upgrades and having the ships at starbases away from frontlines is important, but, becomes a large part of the game, and on long games this can happen a few times. I'm not sure where I stand on it. But I think the hull of the ship goes down far too low. Maybe if there's a way to make the hull on decrease by the amount that the ships core hull level increases from! For eg Heavy Cruiser II has hull 350, Heavy Cruiser III has hull 450. After upgrade the HC2 has to grow to reach 450, but nothing is taken away.

The economy is also super strong in UDM. So much so that you never really have to struggle with ship upkeep costs, even for 100s of ships, I feel this could do with some balancing, I think upkeep for the large command ships should be very high, higher much so than it is now, and make upkeep comparable with fire power of said vessel.

Starbases & Outposts its good they are strong, but they are cheap to build and have low upkeep. These mega defensive structures should have much much much higher upkeep, to make them an expensive choice and impractical to build on all systems. In some games its a good tactic to build Starbase over all systems, it should just be key spots, and for high upkeep.

So aye, my few bits of feedback, ship hull after upgrade & upkeep for ships adjustment needed methinks.

I have to say, this mod, UDM3, is the best mod ever. Its absolutely fantastic and Ive played hours and hours and hours online with old friends with few crashes and a great balanced game. So thank you for all your hard work over decades!

May BOTF live on forever <3
Find us on the discord server if anyone wants to play MP
https://discord.gg/HbMTWf9
Dissy of Red Squad Elite;

The Elite Gaming Clan of the MSN Gaming Zone

Peace, Love & Unity
Westmensch
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Westmensch »

Hull loss on upgrade is related to the difficulty level. You could try adjusting that or looking in the UE.

One thing I noticed about the newest UDM version in our last game: If you conquer another race's home system you can hardly build any buildings there. Not even the +1 morale building due to the fact that it's handled differently from regularly subjugated systems.
Alias28
Cadet 1st Year
Cadet 1st Year

Post by Alias28 »

Hi!

I just had the weirdest random event: a subspace anomaly has rendered warp drive inoperable ... so my ships don't move anymore...

anyone had this before and if so, how did you solve this issue?

Thanks!
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

wait 5 - 10 turns this is a normal random event

random events can be turned of before you start a game.
darthxeion
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by darthxeion »

Is it some kind of a bug, that all minor nations with starships dont use redeploy? instead of having a fleet of severel ships, the ships are in the same system but all without joining a fleet :(
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

darthxeion wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:01 am Is it some kind of a bug, that all minor nations with starships dont use redeploy? instead of having a fleet of severel ships, the ships are in the same system but all without joining a fleet :(
It is not a "bug" but it was the only way to allow 18 fleet taskforce for human player. you will also notice AL majors will never join task forces.

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”