(Updated 9-26-16) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1ddb

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Lennartgro
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Re: (Updated 4-2-14) Ultimate Dominion mod III 3.0.1dda

Post by Lennartgro »

hi,

How can I make to sure, to be able to maintain a larger fleet? All Great Powers control 1/6 to 1/4 of the galaxy and hace colonized all systems in their areas. If i attack a dominion sector they and the klingons (feds have their ships somewhere else, and cards were too slow for Warbird IIIs) start to invade my space. Then i feel forced to prevent, that they take out my starbases. The Problem is, that if I send a group of warbirds to the starbases (2 or 3 in this area) i dont have ~50 warbirds whose presence prevents that they are attacked by the huge dominion and little smaller klingon fleets.
What is the best way to deal with the situation? shall I take out one or two systems and hope that it limits their range enough?
btw: I have mainly Warbirds, 9 stormbirds, and a few heavy battlebirds.
thunderchero wrote:
Lennartgro wrote:Is it possible that the computer controlled enemys cooperate better with each other?
Not currently
Lennartgro wrote:Can you give me advice how do deal with large groups (0-27 heavy Cruiser; ~40heavy destroyer) especially of the Dominion
have a much larger fleet.... :grin:

thunderchero
adi
Commander
Commander

Post by adi »

to win you need ships; there's no other way around it; you need to kill their fleets; then conquer;
as Romulan you also have the option of exterminating their planets; I do that sometimes so i don't have to babysit those conquered systems; only conquer the rich ones.

If your fleet is not strong enough yet, then the only thing to do is to be patient while you build more ships; and try to get ahead in tech; until your fleet will be more powerful, pray on smaller enemy fleets; even one ship; or transport fleets; your ships gain experience(very very important) and you gain morale

eventually your fleet will be more powerful, even if not as large as the enemy's but with better quality ships. besides firepower there is defense and weapon accuracy. both go up with experience and tech levels.
accuracy vs defense determines the weapon hit or miss. so an elite warbird may take out 2 green ones. those small battles will build the experience.

I'm not sure about the ship stats in this mod but i find that storm-birds are not great for combat; save them for assaulting systems. especially with the reduced initial combat distance and even more, clocked ships start closer to the enemy, stormbirds weapon range advantage is reduced; torpedoes may have more firepower but they miss more often; focus on cruisers and command ships.
Lennartgro
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Lennartgro »

Thank you Adi,

Now i have all techs on 12 an 50+ Reman warbirds plus a few arbirds IV and stolen federation Prometheus-class ships.
Stormbirds and zhe other torpedo-based ships are not really usable, their only good effect is that if you send them do a starbase with cruisers they will increase the distance between your Starbase and enemys. This way i took out 30-40 Cardassian Cruisers a few times.
Lennartgro
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Lennartgro »

...and the Warbirds have 80.000 experience and dont take any damage if they attack a system with 600 million population and 20 orbital batteries if they are in a group of 36. :)
Buzzlightbeer
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Buzzlightbeer »

Hello,

Is there any way I can download older versions of the mod. This new update is great and all, but I liked the original udm 3 mod better.
ruthlessferengi
Multiple Tournament Champion
Multiple Tournament Champion

Post by ruthlessferengi »

And what prevents you from building 50 reman birds? :)
Relevance is a post hoc phenomenon

На безптичье и жопа воробей...
Ancient Klingon Battlecry
thunderchero
Site Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Site  Administrator aka Fleet Admiral
Location: On a three month training mission, in command of the USS Valiant.

Post by thunderchero »

Buzzlightbeer wrote:Hello,

Is there any way I can download older versions of the mod. This new update is great and all, but I liked the original udm 3 mod better.
depends, I have most versions. if you are just looking for a slightly older version 3.0.1d

note 4shared link signup/account may be required.

thunderchero
Buzzlightbeer
Cadet 2nd Year
Cadet 2nd Year

Post by Buzzlightbeer »

thunderchero wrote:
Buzzlightbeer wrote:Hello,

depends, I have most versions. if you are just looking for a slightly older version 3.0.1d

note 4shared link signup/account may be required.

thunderchero
Thank you for that. was looking for the one without the crazy planet populations, possibly one more step back. These mods are really great and they are very much appreciated. Thanks again.
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Sorry to bother you Thunderchero.

Post by robertbc73 »

I asked this once before and seem to recall you answering it but can't find it now. Please answer in the most basic ways possible. ^^

How do I make Federation owned space darker?

Thank you.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

Unrelated question. I have the same dame and mods on my lap top. My lap top has the same relative size screen but when I run the game it squeezes it into a solid square. Is there way to make it so it shows up on the whole side?

Thank you
Kosh from Babylon 5
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

thought I responded to this before....
robertbc73 wrote:I asked this once before and seem to recall you answering it but can't find it now. Please answer in the most basic ways possible. ^^

How do I make Federation owned space darker?
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1093&p=42122&hilit=check#p42122
robertbc73 wrote:I have the same dame and mods on my lap top. My lap top has the same relative size screen but when I run the game it squeezes it into a solid square. Is there way to make it so it shows up on the whole side?
this is video setting related, and no preset fix, but search video setting in nidva control panel or AMD Catalyst Control Center for keep aspect ratio and un check it you may have to setup an application setting for each install.

thunderchero
robertbc73
Lieutenant-Commander
Lieutenant-Commander

Post by robertbc73 »

What is UE?

Thank you for your responses.
Kosh from Babylon 5
thunderchero

Post by thunderchero »

robertbc73 wrote:What is UE?
ultimate editor, used to edit files of botf
viewtopic.php?f=125&t=22

thunderchero
Flocke
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by Flocke »

unreal engine, they recently released the fourth version for free =)
anjel
Past Administrator
Past Administrator

Post by anjel »

Flocke wrote:unreal engine, they recently released the fourth version for free =)
lol

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”