UDM Dominion War Scenario Beta Test - for 3.0.1c and 3.0.1d

Ultimate Dominion Mod; showcase and support/discussion/questions/suggestions/reviews

Moderator: thunderchero

Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

The Gorn with the Romulans? *laughs*. Well if you managed to align those, you must have already had a great game till that point, since the Gorn are located on very lower end of the map, meaning, you must have either destroyed the Klingons or be at great terms with them.

And yes, the multiple building bug would give a player quite an edge in MP and SP. Multiple Alliace HQs, Multiple Minor special buildings, ....
Dominion Wars - Scenario
to be released for UDM3.0.1a !
sanityfreezone
Ensign
Ensign

Post by sanityfreezone »

Mentat wrote:The Gorn with the Romulans? *laughs*. Well if you managed to align those, you must have already had a great game till that point, since the Gorn are located on very lower end of the map, meaning, you must have either destroyed the Klingons or be at great terms with them.

And yes, the multiple building bug would give a player quite an edge in MP and SP. Multiple Alliace HQs, Multiple Minor special buildings, ....
Yes the Gorn were part of the Klingons who are now part of the RSE. My friend playing as federation has taken over the Cardassian Union. Now, at around 501 he declares war on me as retaliation for bribing the Benzites away from him.
Problem, we are now facing is the age old tactical crash to desktop..if anyone has any help on this it would be appreciated! I've got about 90 Warbird IV's and a starbase in Benzite while he's gone in with 170 ships, a mix of Command and Fast Attack ships. 3D=SOFTWARE is allready set. :x

edit crash log:
-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Wed Mar 31 23:39:23 2010

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\game\military\battle.c, Line: 909, _battleState[ battleNumber].eventListCRC[0] == battleHeartBeat.crc[0]
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 4 Starting Seed: 1258385855
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Turn Number: 500

-------------------------------------
ST:BOF Thu Apr 1 00:43:25 2010

Version Under Test: 72
File: ..\..\source\game\military\battle.c, Line: 909, _battleState[ battleNumber].eventListCRC[0] == battleHeartBeat.crc[0]
Initialize State: 31
Player Empire: 4 Starting Seed: 1258385855
Galaxy shape: 0 Galaxy Size: 2
Turn State: 20
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

Only solution I can offer is to skip the battle for that turn and try it again in the following turn, ...
Dominion Wars - Scenario
Will_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Will_H »

I'm really excited about this idea can't wait for the 'general release' :)
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

@timmy:
Sure you are welcome to do so, check your PMs for the DL-link.

@Will_H:
The release date is not certain yet, since I am pretty busy atm, and have to wait for a time window, when I can make the necessary changes.
Dominion Wars - Scenario
Will_H
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Will_H »

@Mentat I wasn't trying to rush you... or maybe I am ;) I'm sure you will let us all know as soon as you're happy with it! Great idea though
KrazeeXXL
BORG Trouble Maker
BORG Trouble Maker

Post by KrazeeXXL »

sanityfreezone wrote:Problem, we are now facing is the age old tactical crash to desktop..if anyone has any help on this it would be appreciated!
had this with Flocke in our 4p game. it seems that this large amount of ships is just too much for our good 'ol BotF :/ (may awfully run in sp but you almost can forget it in mp)

possible solutions:
- lesser ships
- auto combat
- switching off sound may help ( a tiny bit )

and/or
- try again and again and again...
Mentat
Commander
Commander

Post by Mentat »

ad Barzan Wormhole:
Well, its canon knowledge that this wormhole acts erratic. So some ships get lost, others destroyed, it depends on the ship, not the race. I have sucessfully build a station with the Cardassians on the "other side" of the wormhole.

Fact: It depends on the shields of the ship. If the shieldrechargerate is poor, the ship will be destroyed in a few turns. It might be that Romulan transportships are equiped with stronger shields, ... as generally Romulan ships will have better shielding then Cardassian ones, but they do lack the strong hulls which Cardassian vessels are favored for.

Also be careful when sending ships into the badlands, ... in there other keyfactors apply.
btw. Badlands, I see your screenshots of the map show the black hole image rather then the one of the badlands and I wonder why.
Dominion Wars - Scenario

Return to “Ultimate Dominion Mod”